Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Freelander | LR2
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 08:39 AM   #1
Hestola
AF Newbie

New here!

Hi everyone! I just found this forum a few minutes ago, and I'm hoping this will be a good resource for my new Freelander.

My humble opinion:

The Good - Very sharp looking automobile, nice handling in all kinds of weather, gas mileage not too bad, comfortable seating for four, lots of little storage spaces.

The Bad - No armrests (can be uncomfortable on long trips), no crossbars on roofrails (I can't put any luggage up there), wind noise at highway speeds, the dog really doesn't fit in the cargo area like I thought he would, and dog hair sticks to the carpet like glue!

The Ugly - I cannot fill the gas tank without gasoline splashing out. Not getting much help from the dealership.

Overall, I really like the truck, but I wish I could get some decent aftermarket parts soon, like a cargo space liner, luggage rack crossbars, and roof cargo carrier. Road trips are kind of a pain because we have to keep all our luggage in the back with the dog.
Hestola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 04:35 PM   #2
BoraBoy04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to BoraBoy04
Hey! Happy to hear that you got the Freelander. You got the SE, I assume. I will be the proud owner of a 2002 Freebie S, my first car. I am excited to get it. I want to do some considerable aftermarket work too, but unfortuantly there aren't many aftermarket suppliers for the Freelander, and most of them are in Europe. If anyone has any updates on aftermarket Freelander places, please post!!

PS
What sort of dog you have? I have a midsized female dalmation.... will she fit in the back?
BoraBoy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 08:10 AM   #3
Hestola
AF Newbie

Here's a link to tons of aftermarket stuff for our Freelanders!

http://www.atlanticbritish.com

I am probably going to get my roof rail crossbars and some other cool stuff there. I don't know how reputable they are yet, however...

Quote:
What sort of dog you have? I have a midsized female dalmation.... will she fit in the back?
My pup is about 75 pounds of golden retriever, lab, and german shepard. He'll fit in the back but doesn't have much room, so we just retract one of the back seats, put our luggage on the other back seat, and he gets to roam the entire cargo area, and he loves it.

Once we get a luggage carrier, this won't be an issue anymore.

Update: We got the whole "fuel tank" thing fixed. The dealer ended up keeping the car for several weeks, but they were nice enough to give us a loaner while we waited.

Warning: If you haven't gotten your first oil change yet, make sure to check your level. We were several quarts short after about 3,000 miles.
Hestola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:15 AM   #4
ggupstate
AF Newbie

Re: New here!

I have an '04 HSE, and our 45-lb Lab mix dog is perfectly happy in back. But, as previously mentioned, there's not enough room for both dog AND luggage or shopping loot...
ggupstate is offline   Reply With Quote