Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
TacomaPilot
AF Newbie

'02 Parking Light Bulb change

I just noticed the parking light bulb was burned out on my '02 Tacoma and tried to replace it, however it was met with resistence. According to the manual which came with the truck, I should only have to remove one screw on the top of the grill, next to the fender, and the light assembly should slide straight out. It feels as if the lower portion is catching on something and/or the trim that matches up with the grill is catching however I can't see anything down there. Rather than force the assembly (which could get expensive if it breaks), has anyone else had to replace their bulb or has any suggestions to make it easier?
TacomaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:28 PM   #2
twizddirtryda14
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to twizddirtryda14 Send a message via Yahoo to twizddirtryda14
Re: '02 Parking Light Bulb change

take the whole front off, it ain't that hard, unless this is your first time changin a bulb, and you really don't kno what your doin (by front i mean the grill and shit)
twizddirtryda14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
TacomaPilot
AF Newbie

There was no need to remove the whole front, it just took more force than I expected, plus there really isn't a good way to grip the light assembly to do it. I ended up using a suction cup on the side along with an allen wrench between the parking light and headlight to get enough leverage to pull it out straight. Now that automakers are so "plastic clip" happy, you have to be careful with what you do. I didn't feel like making a $2 light bulb change into a $50 assembly change. By the way, has anyone found a Chilton's or Haynes manual for the '02 and up Taco's?
TacomaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:33 AM   #4
dfskinner
AF Regular

Yes, that last input was correct, be careful not to break the plactic snap that holds the lower part of the light in place. Standing in front of the truck, facing the light, the plastic snap, is on the right side of the light, just off center, it should sort of pop out, but the object is to not break it off. Prior to replacing it, I put some grease on the plastic coupler, made for easy removal next time. YOU should not take off the grill and lights, that would be alot of work, and really get you no where. Suggestion, any of the auto parts stores sell the small books, most have pictures on this type stuff, and the books cost approx. $15.00. Good Luck.

Dennis
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:22 AM   #5
tacoma man
AF Regular

There is a small locking tab that pops out. it is permanent
on the back of the park lights and you just have to pull straight out on the bottom of the light to get it loose but it doesnt have any
screws or bolts to remove. its just there to keep the light straight.
tacoma man is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma