Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 10:27 AM   #16
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

GT90 was a poor design

I love Ford, but the GT90 was a failed project. Jack Roush could not get the triangle infested styled GT90 to handle good. The media critics and GT40 fans canned the styling. The nail in the coffin was the Saleen S7 project. The S7 realy has very little to do with Ford, but public perception is Saleen is Ford. The new GT40 project has been halted with recent issues at Ford. The S7 is going to be the new GT40 in spirit for now. Knowing Ford they will let Saleen develop great technology and then apply to their projects. I am glad Ford is taking their time with the new GT40. It is still the most successful American racer/production car. If the S7 could win the overall at Le Mans it could move into the #1 spot. The next GT40 will have big expectations to live up to.

Last edited by vectorclub; 11-01-2001 at 05:59 PM.
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 05:05 PM   #17
hakka
AF Enthusiast

I didn't know they actually considered the GT40 a production car...only seven were made. Sorry, but the S7 won't ever win Le Mans overall...maybe a class victory, but I doubt that too
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 05:59 PM   #18
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

The term production is one that used loosly. The Porsche GT1 is a considered a production car. I would not bet against Saleen at Le Mans. I would say 2002 or 2003 the S7 will take the class victory. Overall might be a stretch. I think if McLaren can win overall, then Saleen can as well. It is just a question fo time before they win. The S7R has had great success for a car that has less then one year on the track. When the first full year of S7 customer cars is done and delivered, I think you will hear rave reviews from the owners. They built a brand new home for Saleen operations. More and more people are getting on board with Saleen. Saleen S7Rs will have greater success in 2002.
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts