Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
00Bravada
AF Newbie

Power windows not working properly.

I just replaced the battery. Now the auto down and up on my drivers window isn't working. It does work if I hold it down or up. Also I can not control the front passenger window from the drivers side, it does work on the passenger door though. All other windows work and can be controlled from drivers door. Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? Oh yeah it is a 2006 Mazda6, V6
00Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
00Bravada
AF Newbie

Re: Power windows not working properly.

Figured it out. You have to go through steps after replacing the battery to get windows to work properly.

1. start your car.
2. press the affected power window switch down until the window is fully down
3. pull the affected power window switch up 1 click (manual up, not auto)
4. keep the switch pulled in manual up for at least 2 seconds after it closes, I heard a click at this point
5. your window should be normal now.

Will need to do this on the passenger front window control also, and then the widow will work from the driver side window control.
00Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
skrnoopuram
AF Newbie

Re: Power windows not working properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Bravada View Post
Figured it out. You have to go through steps after replacing the battery to get windows to work properly.

1. start your car.
2. press the affected power window switch down until the window is fully down
3. pull the affected power window switch up 1 click (manual up, not auto)
4. keep the switch pulled in manual up for at least 2 seconds after it closes, I heard a click at this point
5. your window should be normal now.

Will need to do this on the passenger front window control also, and then the widow will work from the driver side window control.
I have a 2007 model mazda6. its one rear window is opening only half from its own button as well as driver side button. once it opened fully and could not close by any button. So forcely closed. front passenger side window is opening and closing fom its own button, but very occassionaly only opening from driver side button and not at all closing from there. driver side window and other rear window operates from both buttons. Can anyone give any idea. thanks.
skrnoopuram is offline   Reply With Quote