Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
MXlonerider
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MXlonerider Send a message via MSN to MXlonerider Send a message via Yahoo to MXlonerider
Scion Concept

Just wondering if anybody else has any other new info. on Scion's new concept car, the "Fuse" concept, or any info. on possibly future production of something like this car?..

"Our sources say the Fuse shows what the next Scion, a more upscale coupe, will look like. The car will likely have a 200-hp-plus turbo four-cylinder paired to a six-speed manual."- Popular Mechanics, July '06

2000 Dodge Dakota, 4.7L V8 Auto 4x4 Club Cab Beauty
2002 Hyundai Sonata, I4 5 speed (Gone)
1988 Dodge D100 Pickup, 3.9L V6 Auto (Gone)
MXlonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422
Re: Scion Concept

I thuink i saw some artical about it on edmunds.com, try searching there.
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings

The car is not going to have a 200-hp engine in it. I can tell you that.

As for the next Scion that is coming out, there have been spy photos of a new xB, but nothing as far as a tC or xA.

The FUSE concept was never advertised as the next concept car for Scion, it only advertised features that future Scions may or may not have
Old 07-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
jwaj2002
AF Regular

go to scion.com and look at the concept section, they show the fuse there, and a bit of info, I've heard several rumours that this is the final year for the tc, and the final year for the xA(thank god, ugly ass car) only reason they are going to swap out the xa for something else is because the dealerships can't give those cars away, the xb I also have seen the t2b concept, but I've seen, and I forget where, of one that was at the Tokyo auto show(?) as the new xB thats sposed to be on the streets by 08, scion is run in a 3 year cycle, they look at the sales of each car every three years(from the start of vehicle production for that vehicle) and decide if they need to change it, or get rid of it
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
FTheMan
AF Regular

Didn't they say that the Tc was going to be a turbo I4 as well?
I never see them actually doing that to one of their cars.
FTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaj2002
go to scion.com and look at the concept section, they show the fuse there, and a bit of info, I've heard several rumours that this is the final year for the tc, and the final year for the xA(thank god, ugly ass car) only reason they are going to swap out the xa for something else is because the dealerships can't give those cars away, the xb I also have seen the t2b concept, but I've seen, and I forget where, of one that was at the Tokyo auto show(?) as the new xB thats sposed to be on the streets by 08, scion is run in a 3 year cycle, they look at the sales of each car every three years(from the start of vehicle production for that vehicle) and decide if they need to change it, or get rid of it

this is not the final year for the tC, i can guarantee there is going to be a 2008 tC. [remember i work for scion]

the t2B was a concept, and will stay a concept - and only that.

Dealerships are getting rid of the xA's plenty fast enough, they just dont get a whole lot in. Not all Scions run in 3 year cycles:

xB - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

And NO again to Scion looking at the sales of each vehicle. Scion decides how many of the cars its going to produce, and knows it will sell them ALL. They decide they need to change it when people stop ordering them from dealerships. If Scion ran this way, the tC probably wouldnt change for another 5-6 years.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
jwaj2002
AF Regular

are they going to atleast do some updates on the powertrain of the xa/xb? I know in arkansas there might be 15 - 20 xa's on the road, because no one likes them here, a few hundred xb's are on the road, and I can't drive past a parking lot without seeing a few TC's, oh and what was the reason in not making the 2.0 release TC yellow? like the 2.0 xa and xb
Old 07-24-2006, 03:26 AM   #8
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Quote:
are they going to atleast do some updates on the powertrain of the xa/xb? I know in arkansas there might be 15 - 20 xa's on the road, because no one likes them here, a few hundred xb's are on the road, and I can't drive past a parking lot without seeing a few TC's, oh and what was the reason in not making the 2.0 release TC yellow? like the 2.0 xa and xb
The drivetrain isnt going to change in these cars - in order to keep costs down.

The 2.0 xA was Spectra Blue Mica. The only Scion to ever come in Solar Yellow was the xB - why no other Scion ever came in that color is beyond me.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
jwaj2002
AF Regular

no... I saw an xa in solar yellow at the dealership, oh and if you work for them, whats their customer service like? I've been having alot of trouble with the service department where I bought mine, they don't want to fix it
Old 08-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Quote:
no... I saw an xa in solar yellow at the dealership, oh and if you work for them, whats their customer service like? I've been having alot of trouble with the service department where I bought mine, they don't want to fix it

there is no xA in solar yellow, i really dont know where you are seeing this, are you sure its not an xB? Maybe it is a used car with a custom color

Whats wrong with your car? What dont they want to fix? This may be a problem with the dealership, and not Scion Corp.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
jwaj2002
AF Regular

its a dealership problem, when I picked the car up, it was dark, I started heading home, and the headlights shut off (when I first bought the car) well after fighting them over a few paperwork issues, it took a month to take it back, when I did they said it was my fault that they shut off, and I was going to have to pay an unbeleivable amount of money to get them to put the correct alternator in the car(they claimed the original alt was wrong, and it was my fault and wasn't covered under factory or extended warranties)
and it was a brand new xA I drive an xB I know the difference, the xA looks like something a 2 year old drew
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #12
allmotorking
AF Newbie

Hey our photographer shot these photos this past weekend at Hot Import Nights in Los Angeles. This is a concept scion i think designed by the five axis guys...it is the shits...

Join the Rally Revolution!
allmotorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #13
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

um... thats the FUSE
designed by Scion
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #14
doock87
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to doock87

ps. turbo I-4 may not be as big a pipe dream as you may think as toyota has bought the majority of shares of fuji heavy. you know, the same guys that make subaru's and saabs? toyco may have a few tricks up their sleeves for upcoming models.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
jwaj2002
AF Regular

since some people tend not to believe the 3 year deal that scions are run on

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...014&highlight=
http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases...T2006091198974

thats about the xb being discontinued

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...023&highlight=

and thats about the xa being discontinued

these cars are on a 3 year cycle, the first of the year sound the end of both the xa and xb, and next year, the end of 07 will be the same for the end of the TC now, QuietThings, if you want to prove that press release wrong, please do, I hate to see the xb go, the xa, I say get rid of they are butt ugly

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion