Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Gran Turismo Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn
Re: B-Spec easy money in less time!

Wish u could b-spec the special condition races i hate how if u bump ne thing with the front of your car boom penality. GRR espically u know the cpu blocks so i slam into theback of him penality. Catch back up BLOCK penality ahhh want to take him out of the car and kick the sh*t out of him. Lol that would add some realizim to Gran Turismo no lol.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #17
DSM-Mark
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: B-Spec easy money in less time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspawn
Wish u could b-spec the special condition races i hate how if u bump ne thing with the front of your car boom penality. GRR espically u know the cpu blocks so i slam into theback of him penality. Catch back up BLOCK penality ahhh want to take him out of the car and kick the sh*t out of him. Lol that would add some realizim to Gran Turismo no lol.
I like it. It used to be, the fastest way to rally was to smash into everything. This new penalty really takes that away. And it's not really a 5 second penalty, anyway, since it goes from time of impact. By the time your car slows down to 31 mph, there's usually around 2 seconds left in the penalty.

What I don't like is that it's a double standard penalty. If the AI smashes into your rear end, he doesn't get a penalty. The best you can hope for is to trap him.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #18
out there
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to out there Send a message via AIM to out there Send a message via Yahoo to out there

i'm looking forward to school getting out so i can buy this and start my own game... preferably without having the computer race the 24hr endurance races for me
out there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:47 PM   #19
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
When your in the Race Monitor view though, down below where it shows the cars and their distance apart, what is the Orangish colored funnel shaped sign mean?

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #20
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

it means that car is in the act or getting ready to pass a car.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:17 AM   #21
topdown50
AF Newbie

I tried B-spec for the first time last night. I noticed all of the things mentioned in this thread. I first gave it a whirl on a 5-race series consisting of 1-2 laps each. On one track(suzuka, I believe), my car spun out twice while having it on 3 and then 2 and no overtake. I had problems myself with that track so I guess I can understand. I had to use some aggressive b-spec'in to get me the victory. What a crazy 1 lap race that was.

So from my observances, I'm wondering about the crashing into the back of the other car? If working in reply view(if that's what it's called) and being more hands on, I think you can avoid some of this. I think we're seeing that if you have your setting at 4 or 5 with overtake, your car may just piledrive the car in front of you. I tried this next example a few times and it seemed to work. Let's say I have my setting on 4 or 5 to catch a lead car. As I approached that car I backed off my setting to 2 or 3 and let him settle in behind the car and draft him. As long as it wasn't some knarly corner I could then hit overtake and my car would move out and pass the guy. Voila, clean pass and hardly no time lost. It just seems that you need to use a more classic style of racing, even though your car may have gobbs of HP and can just blow by cars whenever it feels like.

Now, about the other mode when you speed up the race. Who knows what the guy is doing, but some of this stuff didn't seem so relevant. I entered the 1000 miles series and did the 25 laps of nurburgring so I had ample opportunity to try things. Once I got the lead, I clicked the 3X on and set the car at 3 w/o overtake. Most of the time he seemed to lap cars when came upon without issue. There were a couple instances where I thought he might have stayed behind a car for a short period so I hit overtake. I guess I didn't think I could just leave overtake on.

Astroluin- you stated that you entered the japanese championship in b-spec because you didn't have the required a-spec license. I didn't think you could get to the screen where you chose a or b-spec w/o the right license? Are there levels to b-spec and now that I've gotten some experience, I'll be able to do this? (and yes, I need to take care of my IA license, hmm, so much racing and so little time)

topdown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 AM   #22
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: Re: B-Spec easy money in less time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eps
The B-Spec races can be so frustrating sometimes. It will be a long straight, and my car has enough power to pass the car in front of me, and what does the driver do? Drive right into the fucking back of him and lose about 3 cars! I have it on 5 and overtaking on, and the same shit happens, he does it on some corners too! I’m sitting there watching it, rooting him on to win me a race, and when he pulls a stupid ass move like that I can’t help but throw the fucking controller at the wall!

Am I doing something wrong? Does this happen to anybody else?
ROTFLMAO! The samr thing happens to me!! I hate that crap!!
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #23
topdown50
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: B-Spec easy money in less time!

a-spec mode stuff, but I'm enjoying bumping my nemesis' into the dirt and watching them fade into my rearview mirror. That way there's no chance of them haunting me anymore

Anybody else have Nascar 05? I like the personalities for the other drivers. Piss them off and they're sure to hunt you down later. My son will wreak holy hell from the back of the pack and fight to the front, only to lose everything in the final laps when someone tags him.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #24
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: B-Spec easy money in less time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdown50
a-spec mode stuff, but I'm enjoying bumping my nemesis' into the dirt and watching them fade into my rearview mirror. That way there's no chance of them haunting me anymore

Anybody else have Nascar 05? I like the personalities for the other drivers. Piss them off and they're sure to hunt you down later. My son will wreak holy hell from the back of the pack and fight to the front, only to lose everything in the final laps when someone tags him.
Lol i had a fued that one whole season with jimmie johnson cause at daytona there was a 33 car pile up that i was in the middle of so like everybody that hit me and hit sombody else needless to say at the end of that race i had alot of enemeys.

Also they guy who had his b-spec spin out the more you bspec the better he will become.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #25
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10_viper
No replacement for displacement.
A turbocharged engine running 15 psi has essentially doubled its displacement...eg. my 3.0L 300ZX running 15 psi is burning more or less as much fuel as a 6.0L engine...and I can turn it down at the flip of a switch and get 3.0L fuel economy...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:26 PM   #26
carlos80
AF Regular

does anyone know if you can qualify to get the pole positon
carlos80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #27
kfoote
AF Enthusiast

The easiest money I've found is the Laguna Seca Enduro, worth 250k to win and a 700k Ford GT40 race car as the prize. In B-spec at 3x, this race takes about 40-45 min, and doesn't require actually participating for the entire event.
kfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #28
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I haven't even gotten far enough along in the game to be able to participate in the enduros yet. Gotta have 25% complete and I only have...like...12%. Pisses me off too cuz I used to HATE the enduro races cuz they took so long but they always payed great. Now, with this B-spec thing, I can't wait to do the enduros...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 AM   #29
topdown50
AF Newbie

Gotta love B-spec. My mission for the last week was to get to %25 and check out the enduro events. There are some enjoyable ways to make some bank with a-spec, but you can't deny the ease with b-spec mode. Two events that are totally worth it are Laguna Seca and the second to last one (it's a city course and not New York). Both of these races net you a nice cash prize and a 700K car, the GT40 race car and Toyota Minolta Race car.

What's the meaning behind some of the b-spec points? (Machine skill, battle skill, etc...). Since my cars usually win the enduro events handily, I have a feeling my ratings are suffering.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #30
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Dunno...I'm still working on getting 25% too...and I think I might have just done it. I've been running in a lot of one-make races...just finished the Impreza one (won a nice impreza tourer), did the Z car one, the GT-R one, etc...think the Suby one put me over the 25% mark. Off to the enduros I go...

EDIT: Shit...24.2% after the Subaru races...dammit...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Gran Turismo Series