Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 08:21 PM   #61
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91
did you not see the J/k which means just kidding, it was a joke buddy take it easy
Old 10-13-2002, 09:58 PM   #62
KnOwHoWONE
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to KnOwHoWONE Send a message via Yahoo to KnOwHoWONE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by civicHBsi91
they deff need to pull all the dumbass stickers off the cars take the altezzas off and get actors who actually can act like they know something about cars or let real street racers write the script make it alittle more realistic then that movie would be awesome
I totally agree with Civic. I (going almost every weekend to street races sence I was 13 have NEVER seen so many show quality cars lining the street. When there were actully show quality cars there they never raced, because they spent too much money fixing up the exterior and not the engine(except a basic muffler,intake and headers).The ones that do race are the beaters. They are the ones that dont worry so much about scratches on the primer or diffrent colored body parts.

IPM for life!Ghost, KnowHow, Fear5, Mase, Mainwun, Flacko, Imp, Runt. Still growing.

"To be the best you must challenge the best." - NaS
"I never sleep tho, 'cus sleep is the cousin of death." - NaS
Old 10-13-2002, 11:22 PM   #63
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Fly Rice Racer
On another note, I don't know why everyone is bashing Civic's. Honda must be doing something right if everyone is buying them.
Personally I think people buy them because they are the thing to own... they certainly aren't the best value for the money, thats for sure...

-Grendel *not trying to start a war, just stating his opinion *
Old 10-14-2002, 02:48 PM   #64
TRD300EX14
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TRD300EX14
Dude this post is about the fast and furious 2 cars, not civics. In my opinion, Honda made a good car for the value they sold it at. That's why Honda had such excellent sales because when the car was introduced, it was the best choice out of other manufacters. Then, they kept improving off of that which led to more sales and the fact that kids bought them. The car was built for kids first cars and aftermarket manufacturers saw how popular the car became and produced products for it. It is a chain reaction. I tend to hate civics now cause of how much I see them and of how gay they look when kids buy them to soup up and to make them think they are soo cool. But then there are some that have taste and make the car look hott, those are the smart kids. And the older style civics were sweet looking, this new design is ugly as hell, I can't stand to look at it. I don't think it is going to be as popular as it use to, there are a lot more manufacturers producing better cars for the same price.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:54 PM   #65
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

as for new cars i think they are all ugly civic,neon,cavalier, accord, bug
the new cars that i think look sweet are the wrx,350z *they look way better in real life*, the vw's besides the bug, thats all i can think of right now
Old 10-14-2002, 03:00 PM   #66
sparq
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sparq
Vipers? Ummm, where are they I am not seeing them?

RIP AUNIE
Old 10-14-2002, 03:03 PM   #67
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

they are the yellow cars the new viper body style
Old 10-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #68
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Re: Re: The Fast and The Furious 2 spy photos

Quote:
Originally posted by Fly Rice Racer
This is so wierd. When I first saw the pic of the eclipse i swore that it was the same on I saw at Nopi Nationals.
Wow, you have a good eye! Yeah, that same exact look would be way too hard to "accidently" create... probably the artists created two "yin-tang" Eclipses (for two brothers in the movie) but they decided to use only one?
Old 10-14-2002, 04:18 PM   #69
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fly Rice Racer
Re: Re: Re: The Fast and The Furious 2 spy photos

Quote:
Originally posted by DMC12

Yeah, that same exact look would be way too hard to "accidently" create... probably the artists created two "yin-tang" Eclipses (for two brothers in the movie) but they decided to use only one?
There is an idea. Wouldn't that be cool in the movie.
- AEM Cold Air Intake(Blue)
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Kumo Sport DirectShift Conversion Kit Bushings
- Neuspeed Front Upper X-Brace Strut Bar
- MOMO Crystal Shift Knob(blue)
- M3 Power Mirrors w/ Turn Signal
- Ignited Push Button Starter(Blue)
- Hyper Blinker Strobe V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Tinted windows 35% on sides and 20% in the rear
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Kamikaze Header 4-1 w/ Straight Pipe
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-14-2002, 05:07 PM   #70
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

i just hope we dont get a generation of Skyline "experts" who think they know everything about the car and that adding NAAAAWWWWSSSS to a standard engine will give them F1 rivalling power with aircraft reliability

and the SRT-10 is starting to grow on me, especially in that colour
Old 10-14-2002, 06:57 PM   #71
swedish
AF Regular

i just had a funny thought, what if the pink s2k is drivin buy a guy, it wouldn't really suprise me, and it would be quite funny. by the way, i plan on going opening night, i'll park out back, so they don't hit my car, then pull out the cell phone and help notify the po-po of all the fender-benders(won't it be funny if there's a tire iron fight in the movie?) .:smoker2:

Learn to swim."
Old 10-14-2002, 07:08 PM   #72
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

I bet that on opening night the cops will be out in full force. After the first one came out everyone in my town went out and wanted to race. A lot of newbie's started their first day of racing that night.
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-14-2002, 07:47 PM   #73
bladerider
AF Newbie

Talking I come in peace !!

Hi........this is my first post.......I got linked here from the UK GTR Register

I thought I would just add my 2p's worth as I have just read this thread and am amazed at how petty it is in here.....I think some peeps may have lost the plot.

The Yank muscle boys defendind their right to burn as much petrol as possible in thundering chariots with engines bigger than my dads boat!!

And the Jap fanatics ranting over which model of civic is the best.....

Why cant we all just agree that we are motivated by the same force..........the infernal combustion engine!! lol

Who cares if its normally aspirated or turbo'd, 8litres or 2......the point is we spend as much as we can afford on our rides (more than you can afford if your like me) and we should be proud of them.

I personally would have loved a Bugatti EB110S quad turbo.....and then tuned it just for a laugh....but unless I win a lottery its never gonna happen.

Be thankful that we all appreciate nice cars, and we still live in a society that permits them....I dont know what its like in the US, but over here in England "car" is fast becoming a swear word that will soon be taxed to death.

The only thing I would point out is...........enjoy it while it lasts - I am !!..............Oh yeah, and please stop all the BS and pettiness............a single cam V8 does have its cam in the centre with pushrods, and F1 engines do indeed rev to 18,000rpm+ with 850bhp, but does it really matter?? What relevance does this have in the real world..........and yes a well tuned gtr will beat a viper, but thats not all that relevant at the macdonalds drive thru either is it??

I did not wish to start an argument, I just wished to give an outside observation..........if I had run out of petrol, 10 miles from a garage and I thought that a mustang driver wouldnt pick me up cos I drive a skyline I would feel sad.........I would certainly stop if the situation were reversed.

End of lecture.......sorry!!

James...........
Old 10-14-2002, 08:14 PM   #74
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

Who do you think you are coming in here and judging us on your first post. Try getting to know us before you act all big and bad.

We are here to discuss and debate different topics. Some people know what they are talking about and others need to be put in their place.

On top of that, The Fast and the Furious is always a platform for controversy. So try looking at the other forums and threads in AF. Then if you still don't like it, GET OUT and stop reprimanding us based on your opinion because you are just as bad as the people who flame others in AF.

By the way, those are some Nice Cars that you own.
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-14-2002, 08:30 PM   #75
bladerider
AF Newbie

Re: I come in peace !!

Quote:
Originally posted by bladerider
I did not wish to start an argument, I just wished to give an outside observation..........if I had run out of petrol, 10 miles from a garage and I thought that a mustang driver wouldnt pick me up cos I drive a skyline I would feel sad.........I would certainly stop if the situation were reversed.

End of lecture.......sorry!!

James...........
1:.....I DO know what I am talking about when it comes to cars

2:......May I refer you to my qualifying statement above

3:......Im not trying to act big and bad, I was trying to enlighten people to the outside worlds perception of their comments

4:......I look forward to getting to know people, but feel it would be a waste of my time to be on here for two months just saying "hi" to make people feel they could accept me - im not looking or asking for acceptance, I believe adults can communicate their ideas without having to be ruled by emotion and whether they think somone likes them or not

5:....Yes they are nice cars, although I am fibbing slightly about the GTR as I have not taken delivery of it yet !!

6:.......have a nice day, im off to bed as its 2.30am over hear and work is only four hours away!! lol

James........