Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Out Standing j30 Gas Mileage!

I normally would be able to get about 280 miles per tank of fuel in town driving that is 16.4 mpg, a friend came to me and said try this out and we installed it on my j-30 the results are in I went 404.8 miles on 17.02 gallons for a mpg of 23.78 in town driving, and I was not being conservative. I also races three diffrent times and I love to accelerate in between stop lights. I am not joking. see my profile get me a message.
Aros Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
bassvato
AF Newbie

Damn thats pretty cool. I want that kind of milage. What did you put in your car.
bassvato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #3
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

Re: Out Standing j30 Gas Mileage!

It is called an injection regulator, It save fuel when you are not using the gas. To get one you will pay 500 bucks and you have to have it installed in Idaho Falls ,Id. but hay, its cool. It is a new product and a new company, it is going to go big.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:41 PM   #4
bassvato
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Out Standing j30 Gas Mileage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros Mackey
It is called an injection regulator, It save fuel when you are not using the gas. To get one you will pay 500 bucks and you have to have it installed in Idaho Falls ,Id. but hay, its cool. It is a new product and a new company, it is going to go big.
I want one! Were can I get it? I guess $500 isn't to bad of price considering the amount of dough you'll save in the long run. Especially out here in Los angeles. Do they have to install it for you? Can't they just send the part to me in los angeles?

How exactly does the regulator work? Have you noticed any difference in the performance of your car?
Old 06-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

Its kind of funny when you are slowing down the car feels like it is trying to slow it self down with the motor like an engine brake. But As soon as you give it gas it does not miss a beat. Because the company is relativaly new the developers do not want to have some one untrained to do the installation.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #6
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

bassvato,
I spoke with the individual that I got the injection regulator from he said he would be willing to send it to someone and let them install it them selves.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
bassvato
AF Newbie

Cool man. Could I get some more info on the company and the part? Do they have a website?
Old 07-24-2004, 12:55 AM   #8
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

I want to know as well... This sounds like a good investment.

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #9
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

They do not have a website as of yet, and my car is one of just a hand full that have the Injection regulator. So from what I understand they may not work on some vehicles however, I have had mine for a month now and the worst in town gas mileage I had recieved with the injection regulator was 22 MPG in town but I generaly get 24 in town.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #10
cleanj30
AF Newbie

being that there is an abundance of asked questions about this product i dont see it working in the way described without losing hp because the engine only uses the gas when the pedal is pushed responding to the injectors forcing more fuel through when you speed up than if you were slowing down that should be common knowledge! im not bashing the idea, but the fact would remain that unless you dowgraded the injectors and somehow machined the engine to change its fuel to air ratio mixture the car would run like shit! you couldnt decrease the amount of fuel going into the injection sytem without a bad response unless you put alot of money into a nice fuel management system and maybe even a new pressure regulater and filter plus the new pump to respond with the even flow of the upgraded fuel system. i actually would like to see maybe a product test and info sheet as should anyone else who would even think about trying to purchase such an item.
cleanj30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:17 PM   #11
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

yea like i said, if it works, it would be a good investment... but i already get 22mpg+ already...

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #12
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

Cleanj30,
Wheather you buy one of these or not I could care less, I have it and love it, it works regardless of what you think. And as for this comment "the engine only uses the gas when the pedal is pushed" that is not true or this would not work I get 24 miles per gallon in town stop and go driving and I like to feel the get up and go of my j30 from every stop light that is no joke my wife hates how I drive our car that is with my foot in it, I see the break though of an outstanding product. There are vehicles that it will set off check engine lights and do funny things to, but the injection regulator works greats with the j30.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #13
rebar71
AF Newbie

How does the car idle with this thing on it? I mean, if you're choking off the fuel, it would seem logical that the engine would want to die when stopped at a light.
rebar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:21 AM   #14
Aros Mackey
AF Newbie

rebar71,
That is a good question, the injection regulator works of momentum, so when you vehicle comes to a stop the the regulator stops as well. My engine has never died because of the regulator, and the vehicle starts perfectly when I am on an angled hill, if you need full power for backing up hills this is not for you.Lol.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:37 AM   #15
bassvato
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Out Standing j30 Gas Mileage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground_Killah
yea like i said, if it works, it would be a good investment... but i already get 22mpg+ already...
How are you able to get 22mpg +?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria