Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:03 AM   #1
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Question H1 HID Install HELP!!!

Okay, I was trying to install my HID kit last night, but decided to be smart about it and test to see if the lights work BEFORE securing the ballasts and ignitors to the inside of my engine bay. I hook up all the wires the way they should go and get to the part where I connect the preexisting connection to the connection on the HID bulb (where power transfers from the car to the bulb, the lil clip) Theres a red wire and a blackwire. Both have the same connector clip. The instruction say connect the black wire connection to the preexisting connection (which has a red wire). I do this, and now the red wire is just sorta sitting there, flying free.

Needless to say, the lights didn't work. I tried to ground the red clip by holding it in a hole in the metal of the car frame. Still nothin. Then I tried to conect the RED HID wire to the preexisting (red) clip and ground the black. Nothing.

Does anybody know why I'm not getting power to the bulb?!?! Do I need to dround the wire better? Am I supposed to incorporate a fuse somewhere? I am the ultimate dumbass when it comes to electrical installs. H1 bulbs are already a big enough pain in the ass.

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Oh BTW, If you are wondering what I did with the old lights, I didnt have the time, energy, or patience to put them back in, so I am running with no headlights at all (other than brights).

So i have to be in by 8:00

Old 08-14-2003, 01:16 AM   #3
sihondasracer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sihondasracer Send a message via MSN to sihondasracer
man i couldnt help ya if i tried.but i was just commenting on my sig that i have.you quote.haha. i had to use it. so true..lol..ttyl
Old 08-14-2003, 07:13 AM   #4
00accord44
High on Potenuse

I just try to make the world a more enlightened place

Old 09-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
justinfrank91
AF Newbie

Re: H1 HID Install HELP!!!

okay for starters yor red wire will plug into your power output of your prexesisting headlight harness so will the black on you need a test light turn your lows on ground one end of the test light and stick the bar in each hole until the light comes on which ever hole it comes on in put the red wire in then turn them on high and do the same thing and which ever hole the light comes on in put your ground in the oppisite one. but please check to see if they are bi-xenon or xenon this method will only work if they are xenon also if your car has high and low in the same bulb you will only have lows because highs wont hork
justinfrank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
macwan
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to macwan Send a message via Yahoo to macwan Send a message via Skype™ to macwan

hi,normaly all hid kit can be used just need you to install follow the instruction of the hid kit,if you really install as the instruction said,I think maybe the problem is because of the current which input to the bulb is not enough.and BTW,the xenon bulb cannot be used without ballast,
I think you need to check the power of your car and make sure the power connect with the ballast first and the ballast connect with the bulb

We are the manufactory in china,and we met this problem seem as you said before,so maybe is the same problem
Attn: mac wan
Email: mac@lu-min.com
MSN: mac-wan@hotmail.com
Web: www.lu-min.com
macwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #7
drls
AF Newbie

What a troublesome! Do you tried to change another new bulb and new ballast to test? friend
drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
caribboy92
AF Newbie

man the same thing happened to me and i freaked...
im not sure if your is the same but on mine their was transformer thing. well i can hear the power but no light... so waht i did was just push that transformer thing together and presto...
if this dosent help what kinda kit do you have? Pics?
(sorry not very wordy today)
caribboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote