Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:37 PM   #61
B16_madwoman
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to B16_madwoman
Thumbs down female car models, GO AWAY!!!!

I just ignore car models now.... if they want to strip thats fine but they can do it somewhere else and not in front of the car im lookin at.... until you build/work on/drive the car dont stand in front of it....
Old 06-20-2003, 07:42 PM   #62
BootyDC316
AF Enthusiast

I think it's cool for ladies to mod thier cars. Ever since I was 16, I loved to work out in my car (My first car was a 96 4runner, I had it looking like a sweet pimp ride, lol) even now I still enjoy working out in my cars, I do almost everything to them myself.

True, there are females out there who think they know stuff about cars, or even model and don't know shit, but there's a good number who know about their car, fix thier car, and even race (even models).
It does sadden me that some models (I'm not hating, I swear) just stand infront of some car half naked on covers, but I guess it's their job... and also that people judge women so quickly when it comes to cars. I used to teach high school students, and the guys would have conversations about cars, and would be shocked when I joined in on a convo. Some guys do think it's a turn on when ladies know about cars, I know my man does

I've had guys ask me 'Hey, is that your boyfriends car?' 'How's your girlfriend'or 'What is a chick like you doing driving a car like that', so I just straight up tell them, no it's my car..I'm not a dyke bitch... or just fuck off. I went to Autozone one time for one of those free engine light checks (I just wanted to see what it was all about) the guy working there was a total asshole because I was a "girl" who didn't know anything about cars and I should let a "man" fix the problem (I was sooo pissed off, let me tell you! ended up being something with the fuel sensor, he couldn't tell me how to fix it, lol I actually fixed it right there...I just tightened the gas cap) It's a shame how some guys (not all) treat women when it comes to cars....

Guys tell my husband when he drives my car 'Hey dude, nice car' he'll simply say 'It's my wifes car, she's got good taste doesn't she?' Gotta love it when a man appreciate womens' taste and knowledge....

Okay, I'm done, lol
Old 06-21-2003, 03:09 AM   #63
hatchinganegg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hatchinganegg
i just like to add one thing bout the model issue. well i notice that you gurl look down on models but you shouldnt do so. it seems as if you may get jealous cause they steel the attention.try looking @ it from another perspective #1 models and nice cars have alway come together be it a carshow, carmagazine, or dudes riding with nice cars and a pretty gurl in the passanger. go to the beach and bam, some fine drunk hoochie jumpin on a stretched out bike with some guy she wouldnt have gave the time of day to if he drove a pinto (that is a shallow gurl). but a model isn't and neither is a stripper. a stripping gurl @ a carshow 9 times out of 10 is getting paid for it. its an advertising technic like the majority of mags have. model are most of the time pretty and they are either getting paid or trying to get paid by getting a sponcer. so dont hate the player hate the game. i mean dont hate the model, hate the car show/mag cause they just trying to get there money stack up ... dont you think? or is it really to impress guys they'll never see again? personally i have now problems with em but i'm like bubba sparks , I would never date a model nor try to have a intulectual conversation with them.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:12 AM   #64
hatchinganegg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hatchinganegg
oh yeah

i look down on gurls who mod there cars and dont know anything about them. makes it seem like they didnt do it for themselves at all. the "oh i just got it cause every one else had one and i ike the sound it makes" type.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:31 AM   #65
corinacelaya
AF Newbie

Re: oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchinganegg
i look down on gurls who mod there cars and dont know anything about them. makes it seem like they didnt do it for themselves at all. the "oh i just got it cause every one else had one and i ike the sound it makes" type.

Exactly I dont understand grls who model in front/side/whereever.... Over all, i just inyoies the hell out of me. Exaple: I was look'n at a mag with this fine guy and Im checkn out this tight skyline and there was this big sk@!* in front of the car and I was talking to him about THE CAR and of coures he is checkn out the grl. So I know guys like "grl & cars" but If grls wnt to model do it somewhere else besides the car mags. Cause the only reson why they say "I love cars" [sighk] they only like "Cars" is because ether there boyfriend has a car or sence thry model in front of cars means they know how to handle the car. So if they say they can drive, handle, or have one then I will love to see them screw that one up. and the qoute see had wasnt bad, the "oh i just got it cause every one else had one and i like the sound it makes".
Old 08-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #66
civicrida2000
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to civicrida2000 Send a message via Yahoo to civicrida2000
Thumbs up

i think a girl who drives a hooked up car is the most sexist thing their is.... definatlly when they drive a hooked up civic just like me

Mess wit tha best die like tha rest
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...5&cat=15&val=1
Old 08-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #67
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

Re: Girls and Suped Cars~

girls that know their shyt, and spin their own wrenches, are hot, and have my respect the same as any guy. thats the way its always been and thats the way it will always be. just my two cents on it.

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Old 08-24-2004, 11:50 PM   #68
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to darkprincess0330

Cool. It is nice to see guys who appreciate what a girl has to offer.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:42 PM   #69
britts99si
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to britts99si

my car isnt suped up yet. i havent got that far...bought the car and found myself about 20 feet into the ground with debt up to my ears... so i havent got the money to be doing the shit now.. but when i do. i will not be the only gurl in iowa with an SI i will be the only gurl in iowa with a suped up SI!!!!

First Lady of Empty Pockets Racing Member #7*Gurls Can Go Fast Too*
Old 10-20-2004, 11:38 PM   #70
drvngstorm05
AF Enthusiast

i love to talk about cars, and i love to talk to girls, but around here i don't get to do both. man, if i could talk cars with a girl, and even race with a girl, she would have my heart in a minute, that is so incredibly sexy to me. any of u girls live in the Tampa Bay area? lol

'92 RS lt1/t56, lt4 hot cam, 30lb injectors, 54mm throttle body, full exhaust, 4.11 posi, 4 coil ignition, alluminum driveshaft, adj rear suspension, low. springs, electric water pump, custom tune.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:19 AM   #71
y2icon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to y2icon Send a message via Yahoo to y2icon

camaro guys thread hijack!!!!!!

my gf knows more about cars then I proly will ever know and its so sexy. I could never picture her posing in front of my camaro unless it for my private collection. Not all "model type" girls are shallow. I pulled my fair share of ladies in a Century.

Another question what do most civics have for stock hp?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:35 AM   #72
drvngstorm05
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Girls and Suped Cars~

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2icon
Another question what do most civics have for stock hp?
100-120 i believe, on the newer ones, some of the rex's only have about 90. i'm not sure tho i'm no civic guy...

'92 RS lt1/t56, lt4 hot cam, 30lb injectors, 54mm throttle body, full exhaust, 4.11 posi, 4 coil ignition, alluminum driveshaft, adj rear suspension, low. springs, electric water pump, custom tune.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #73
y2icon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to y2icon Send a message via Yahoo to y2icon

what about a stock century.

century the real american sports car j.k!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #74
asdfbeau
AF Regular

to answer a question so that this post isnt completely useless:
the lower model civics (DX, LX, etc) put out just around 100HP, the EXs usually put out ~30 more, while using the same engine as the lower class models, and the Si's put out 30 more than the EXs, using different(better) engines. If you have a choice, get the Si.

the useless part:
I think the deeper issue here is that men like women who are good at something besides looking good. That's why you get so many men flooding in here saying the same old 'i like girls who know cars' garbage.

i'm no psychologist, so I don't know...I just think it goes back to that time when we were all kids, and we all played with the same toys...somewhere along the lines, looking good/being social became more important to women, and guys got into cars, bikes, sports, etc. Not that either is better, or worse than the other, but guys tend to be impressed with the girls who got into the 'guy' things; just as you would be impressed by someone who understood your (feminine) interests.

I'm sure many of you will think that I'm just being sexist, but I assure you that I view all of these things as equals. If i leave out some other (stereotypically) female interests, it is only because I am unfamiliar with them.

I truly do not mean to offend any of you women, but I'm sure I will with this:
I would rather have an ugly girlfriend, who could really teach me something, about something valuable/interesting (doesn'thave to be cars), than have a good looking girlfriend, whos only interests (interests being things you are good at doing, not just things that you consider fun) were 'hanging out', going out, talking to her friends, and looking good.

Fuck going to the gym, keep that extra 25lbs, and read a book (fiction doesnt count)! i.e. a car manual...

in any case, I know this has been done before, so you won't see me doing it again; I don't think anyone will mind, since this thread is fairly useless anyway.
you should just make this stick (if it doesnt already), so that we all know right where to go with our stupid 'I LUB GIRLZ HOO KNO CARZ' crap.

-beau

Last edited by asdfbeau; 10-21-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #75
superbluecivicsi
AF - Advisor

It took two noobs to bring such an old ass thread back up.

Maybe they didnt know this thread is over two years old

This has got to be the oldest thread brought back to life by far.
FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me.