Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 04:06 PM   #1
BluStori
AF Enthusiast

Talking Girls and Suped Cars~

Doesn't everybody like to see females in modded cars? IMO I luv every gurl that can impress a guy with their knowledge of cars~~ In some cases make a GUY feel stupid, when they kno more than him! Either ur a CiViC CHICK or a VOLKSWAGON CUTIE~ Tell me wat ya think~
Old 05-05-2002, 04:13 PM   #2
93speed
AF Enthusiast

I just wanted to add a guy's opinion. I think a girl in a modded car is a real turn on. Its the two things guys love most: cars and women, all in one package

I just wish I could find a girl around here that has an interest in cars
Old 05-05-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
BluStori
AF Enthusiast

YES!!! it is a turn on~ check out my frienz site at a car show lots of GURLZ~~~ http://www.geocities.com/gotdan
Old 05-06-2002, 12:26 PM   #4
RedY2KCivic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by BluStori
YES!!! it is a turn on~ check out my frienz site at a car show lots of GURLZ~~~ http://www.geocities.com/gotdan
So are you saying you like girls that work on and drive modded cars, or girls that stand in front of someone else's? 'Cause most of the pics of those girls aren't ones that work on their own cars.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:32 AM   #5
Scooter Bug
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Scooter Bug Send a message via Yahoo to Scooter Bug
one of the girls has the sig that says it all "[We] sit in the driver's seat, NOT on the hood."

I have ZERO respect for import models. or car models in general.

Becca
Old 05-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #6
ludegirl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ludegirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter Bug
one of the girls has the sig that says it all "[We] sit in the driver's seat, NOT on the hood."

Becca
that's me

weeeeeeeeerd, girl...what are they modeling??? definitely not clothes

I sit in the DRIVER'S SEAT, not on the hood!

Lancer Evolution VII, I'm waiting for you!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 10:35 AM   #7
RedY2KCivic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter Bug

I just don't like it when they act like they know about cars because I guess standing in front of them (blocking the view) somehow makes them knowledgeable. I still haven't met a single one that I have respect for.
Like when I was at HIN a few weekends ago, there were these models that all started dancing and stripping and stuff, and I looked at my best friend, and she just had this look of disgust on her face, and she was like, "why the fuck to they degrade themselves like that just for some fucking attention from guys they'll never see again" I mean, you're so right, ludegirl. It's the *lack* of clothes they're modeling, and it makes me sick to go to a show and have people think that I'm just some dumb blonde model and have that strerotype put on me that I don't know crap about cars--how the guys just kind of blow you off if they're talking about something and you ask a question or make a comment. It's like I have to prove myself to them that I know a thing or two, and it just makes me mad that is what it has come to.
Guys don't respect those girls, please. They think so, but every guy I know admits to it, they have no respect for them, but they still swarm all over them...
*sigh*

(and I don't mean to sterotype, I'm sure that there are respectable models out there, I've just never met/heard of one)
Old 05-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #8
ludegirl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ludegirl
yeah, i know, it's frustrating....i don't claim to know more about all guys about this scene and modifying a car, but i do know more than some guys, and i'm proud of it, especially since just this time last year, i knew ZERO. We have to fight for some respect in this scene, and import models don't make it any easier to get it. Last year at HIN in York, I was sitting with my boyfriend's hatch, and these guys came by who were taking pictures HIN i think or something....anyway, they asked me to pose with my boyfriend's car!!! i'm like, "uh, noooooo, i'm not an import hoochie, oops, i mean an import model."

on a side note, and not really related to import models, but funny nonetheless, this guy came into my boyfriend's shop the other day all psyched about this Greddy turbo kit he ordered that's coming in....he acted like such a big shot because he used to be a mechanic for an Acura dealership....anyway, so I told him that we had a Blitz turbo timer in stock that we could hook him up with, and he didn't even know what it was for or why he'd need it!!! funny funny...hee hee

I sit in the DRIVER'S SEAT, not on the hood!

Lancer Evolution VII, I'm waiting for you!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 11:22 AM   #9
grrltoy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grrltoy
you all should read my thread "did you do that yourself? or did your boyfriend do it?"

"they sell us love as divinity when it's only a social obscenity"
Old 05-07-2002, 11:33 AM   #10
swedish
AF Regular

to throw in another guy's opinion, i would rather talk to a girl that has the ability to have a intelligent conversation about cars (or music or anything else) than look at a girl that as good as she may look, is dumb as a brick, and as a side note, i think any girl that can have a good discussion about cars is great, but that's a whole other story...

also, where is that thread?

Learn to swim."
Old 05-08-2002, 12:23 AM   #11
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
The models are nice and all (eye candy and such) but personally, they distract WAY too much from the cars. That's why it's called a car show, not a hood-rat show! I mean I go to see the cars, not the girls drapped all over them, they aren't the ones getting the trophies, so get outta there! Just my $0.02
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 05-08-2002, 12:28 AM   #12
silvercivicgrl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silvercivicgrl
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverY2KCivic
The models are nice and all (eye candy and such) but personally, they distract WAY too much from the cars. That's why it's called a car show, not a hood-rat show! I mean I go to see the cars, not the girls drapped all over them, they aren't the ones getting the trophies, so get outta there! Just my $0.02
good point!!! yes and its funny i know more than alot of guys out there. its hilarious to hear them talk about shit they dont know about! my bf has taught me alot i know about engines so thx so much to him
Old 05-08-2002, 01:36 AM   #13
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by silvercivicgrl

good point!!! yes and its funny i know more than alot of guys out there. its hilarious to hear them talk about shit they dont know about! my bf has taught me alot i know about engines so thx so much to him
I totally agree, I mean for me, I learned a lot of what I know from everyone here (mostly the ones from PH). I mean my cousin tought a me a little bit that convinced me enough to get an import, then once my sis got her '95 Civic way back, I started getting into Hondas, and trying to figure out what I wanted to get for my ride when I was to get one. It's like a giant toy to me, my car. But as I go along, I learn more and more about it, and I pass on what I know to other people as I learn it, and it's a good feeling being able to pass on what I know.

What's funnier, is the shows I've thus far been in (hot rod shows with tuner/import class's in them) the hot rodder guys that know like everything about their cars, it's like they know nothing when it comes to a car such as mine. They will ask me if my car runs on nitrous and what not. Some of those guys can't even believe a car like ours can crank out over 400hp in many cases. It's cool even being able to teach guys like that a thing or two.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 05-09-2002, 02:18 PM   #14
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
I hate guys!

All I heard at the Carlisle PA Custom Compact Nationals was either:

"Is that your boyfriend's car?"
or
"Show your tits!!!!"

I was so appalled! I mean, I went there to look at some nice cars, and to get ideas of what I may want to do to my car when I have the money. When I said that I drove a stick, all the guys were near-dumbfounded. Oh well. One day they'll learn.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 05-09-2002, 02:25 PM   #15
Protek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Protek
Quote:
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic

So are you saying you like girls that work on and drive modded cars, or girls that stand in front of someone else's? 'Cause most of the pics of those girls aren't ones that work on their own cars.
Good point, the pictures on that page dont have a damn thing to do with girls that have/own/drive fixed cars.

Side-note: Da thug dat made dat page need ta lern how ta speak da engrish, BOOYEEEEEE!!!

Caution: I drive like you do.