Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 06:42 PM   #1
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LOWCIV Send a message via Yahoo to LOWCIV
Talking JDM Honda Civic B16A SiR II Automatic Engine

i just bought a JDM Honda Civic B16A2 SiR II with an Automatic Engine

Complete Motor
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
Downpipe
Fuel Rail & Injectors
Partial Wiring Harness /w All plugs (RHD)
P30 Automatic ECU (EFI Computer)
Throttle Body
Alternator
Starter
Ignition Wires & Distrubutor
A/C Compressor
Automatic Transmission
axles

i have done some research on the swap and this what i have come up with please be kind i am new to this he he..!. I need 94-95 integra with an automatic trans engine mounts and or axles from the same car. I got the axles with the engine there is no need to get them but the mounts, i do need them in order to put in the engine in..! is there anything else that i need to get besides changing the hoses and belts, or how bout parts that i have totally forgot to think about but needed ,as far as the ECU wiring, i found out that i need to wire the following wires into the DX wiring :

vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure sensor, knock sensor and crank sensor so 4 wires

my car is a 1993 Honda civic DX Coupe automatic i got lucky enough to find a b16 second Gen with RARE auto tranny any feed back from any one who has done a swap i would really appreciate it if u can give me some tips

Thankx

LOWCIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:06 AM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Ok, the later B16a2s with and Auto are not that rare, infact they probably made more with an auto than with out.
Its just due to the obvious lack of demand out side of Japan they are very hard to get from parts importers.
In about 3-5 yrs however there will be a shit load avliable here as all the auto del sol and Civic SiR's start to get crashed and break down.

As for hooking it up, well good luck, it sounds like your on the right track
especialy with the mounts you need, and the wiring.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:31 AM   #3
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LOWCIV Send a message via Yahoo to LOWCIV
thank-you moppie
i am learning new stuff everyday...!
he he....

what do you know about the Gear Ratios on the Automatic Tranny can they be compared to any other honda with an auto tranny or is it better (high gear ratios) since it was put together with a V-tec Engine..? i have been having fun finding the mounts and brackets NOT..! i got a feeling i have to spend around 150 just for the rear and passenger side, the driver side its only one that dont need one ... i might have to raise the front of the car a bit to compensate for the weight gain...! but this is after the swap

if you dont succed the 1st time Try and Try again..!
But its just me I am always Wrong...!
LOWCIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 04:21 AM   #4
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Im afriad I know nothing about the gear ratios, but im afriad I have heard the engines are a little detuned so they dont brake the auto boxs.
Dont know how true it is though, as the extra drag on the driveline and the lack of a 5th ratio means the cars will be a little slower.

I have no idea where to find the ratios, but being a honda I should imagine they will be fairly well matched to the engine.
Try useing the babble fish translater at www.altavista.com to see if you can find some japanese sites.