Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
podtec
AF Newbie

95 Chevy Astro starting problems

I drove my Chevy Astro the other day and it just died. There had been nothing leading up to this as the van has always run beautiful and always started right up. There is one way that it will start as you must open the throttle wide open and will sometimes catch. In this mode it will load up as in flooding, smoke like crazy and gradually clear out but still run very poorly. It will idle but as soon as you give it gas it will bog then die. I believe I have good fuel delivery and excellence spark . Here are the things I've done so far,

New plug wires, plugs, distributor cap, rotor, checked fuel pressure 60 PSI when I turn on the key, 55 when running, bleeds down to 53 and holds their for 15 minutes. Removed the plenum and found no fuel leaks. Replaced the fuel regulator but that didn't help. Check my timing and everything is lined up correctly. Change the fuel filter, looked for vacuum leaks and found none. Checked the coil with another, but no help. Checked all my sensors and they all checked out fine. It's posting no codes so it doesn't help. Any help would be appreciated as I need my van and I don't know were else to look. Thanks
podtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
brcidd
AF Enthusiast

Re: 95 Chevy Astro starting problems

Sounds like EGR is stuck open- that's how I start mine when EGR code is set and EGR is stuck open-- remove it and clean it- and make sure it closes when commanded, and re-install it. It should set a code 32 though..
'99 GMC Yukon
'95 Chev 3500, 454 Dually Crew Cab- 145k miles-
Wife's Camel trailer puller.
'94 Astro- 370k miles
'94 Firebird Formula- 5.7L 180k miles- gone-
'92 Chevy Lumina Van 3.8L 264k
'86 GMC S-15 - 2.8L 154k
'87 Buick Park Ave . 187k
'86 Buick Park Ave 3.8L 199k miles- gone
'77 Chevy Vega- 2.5L 175k miles gone but not forgotten
'68 Camaro 396 4 spd RS/SS -72k miles-
brcidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
podtec
AF Newbie

Re: 95 Chevy Astro starting problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by brcidd View Post
Sounds like EGR is stuck open- that's how I start mine when EGR code is set and EGR is stuck open-- remove it and clean it- and make sure it closes when commanded, and re-install it. It should set a code 32 though..
That's one of the first thing they checked with another EGR valve. Strange it's pulling no codes. How could something run so rotten and not pull a code is beyond me. Thanks
podtec is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies