Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
eastwind
AF Newbie

2000 Venture Keyless Entry

Is it possible for the receiver to only receive the UNLOCK command from the key fob? I can unlock my doors, but I can't lock them. When I try to re-program the key fob I never get the needed response. I have been to an auto parts store that has the radio check for key fobs and it indicates that my LOCK button is transmitting.
Thanks,
ew
eastwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
autojoe
AF Regular

Re: 2000 Venture Keyless Entry

can you manually lock from inside vehicle?when did this start?after replacing battery?do you have another key fob to try?if all locks lock and unlock from inside vehicle then I would suspect either the key fob or programming of key fob or the remote keyless entry module.would have to have a top scan tool capable of bi directionial controls and going into the body control module and see what is going on.
autojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #3
eastwind
AF Newbie

I can no longer unlock the doors with my key fob. I tried the programming instructions, but I get no confirmation chime when I open and close the door (to indicate I've entered programming mode). Now I want to check the connections on the keyless entry module, but I can't figure out where it is or how to get to it. Is this something that might need checking? Or is it really solid and I likely have other issues? If I replace it with a used one from the junkyard would my van accept it or does that need programming also?
Thanks,
ew
eastwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
merc81
AF Enthusiast

Hmm. The module is in the center of the dash, it has the red LED that blinks when you lock the car with the keyless entry system. You can remove it from the top, and it should work OK with a junkyard replacement (unlike the BCM module which needs programmed).
merc81 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture