Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > ES300/ES330/Windom
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
dadooishome
AF Newbie

Lost last key

One of my kids lost the last Valet Key to my 1998 ES300. I spent a whole month with this car sitting in the garage. Thought this forum could learn from my bitter experience:
1) for making new keys, go on Ebay and look up 1010keys in California. They are fantastic. Either get your Key Code from Lexus or send a cell pic of your Valet Key to them. For about $22 each they can ship you: an OEM Denso key, with remote buttons/battery, and make a very clean center cut. Trust me, this is a screaming deal!!
2) go on Ebay to look up Modulemechanics in Florida for your ECU re-flash. For $60 they can 'virginize' your existing ECU. If you have no keys, you can have 1010keys mail the cut keys to Modulemechanics and they will flash the new keys directly into your ECU, then mail back your ECU and keys. These guys are real wizards!!
3) if your ECU is bad (or like mine, will *not* accept new keys), go on car-part.com and order a used ECU with the exact matching part number. You can get these for around $45 with shipping. Have it sent directly to Modulemechanics. Then send your existing keys to Modulemechanics. They can program both your keys and mileage on the used ECU.

The ES300 models with the Immobilizer Chip on the ECU are pretty damn quirky. Lots of anomalies in this first-generation product.*
I know there are how-to videos about re-flashing the ECU, but for $110-130 and one week for shipping, you can get *both* a functioning ECU and functioning Denso keys for your car.*
This is the lowest-cost/fastest way to get quality 'cut' keys *and* a matching ECU.
dadooishome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dadooishome For This Useful Post:
Brian R. (06-23-2018)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > ES300/ES330/Windom