Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
lectraplayer
AF Regular

'05 R' Edge HID Conversion Project, Recomendations?

I'm looking for lamps to convert my '05 Ranger Edge to all HID, with 8000K headlamps and KC Lites and stock fog lamps in selective yellow. I may even use them in 8000K. I like the beam paturns of what is already there and am mostly looking at retrofits so far i like some of the offerings at Visionari, http://www.vvme.com/hid-conversion-kits , but want to be sure i get good equipment. For the stock lamps being retrofitted (headlamps and fog lights), glare is an important factor as i don't want to blind incoming traffic, but want to highlight the facets in the lamps. 35 watt lamps will be used here. The KC Lites, on the other hand, glare is a non issue and i would like to find a b.f.l. If they make a 100 watt xenon in 8000K, it will go here. I do, however, see 55 watters such as http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...D-XENON/Detail and some on Visionari. I know, to a large extent, you get what you pay for, so what are some good kits to consider? ...and how well do they handle frequent switching? ...and how good is a dual beam from a 9007 conversion kit?
lectraplayer is offline   Reply With Quote