Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
00trdtaco
AF Newbie

questions with s/c

i have been doing some research on the supercharger because im getting one soon. for the s/c to run decently with most of its potential power will i need any of the following to replace...intercooler/fuel injectors/higher octane fuel/spark plugs/retard the spark timing. also will i need to tune it. i went to a local dealer and he said all you need is the parts supplied in the box which obviously doesn't include these. He stated that i did not need anything that i mentioned and it would work great with no added mods. any feedback would be helpful. any information once it is installed. i have a 2000 trd 3.4L with intake and exhaust.
00trdtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 PM   #2
00trdtaco
AF Newbie

Re: questions with s/c

it is 4wd and manual transmission. also i have intake and read that the stock air box is better for the s/c .should i put it back on and how is it better. and also if im off roading can,t you take water better with the air supply higher. help please. also i heard that the k&n filters may be harmful for the engine because it filters less and larger holes for dirt to go through.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 PM   #3
Snobrdrblinkchik
AF Newbie

k..first of all dealer won't give u accurate info unless you happen to have a good one...now basically some people have had issues w/ leaning out and pinging...to solve those you'd need fuel mods...URD has a kit that's got everything you need..plus it's tuneable...since you've got an intake, you'll probably run lean so if you wanna run the s/c without mods, get rid of the intake and find yourself a stock airbox...ohh and yes you'll have to run the highest octane you can find...91 here in cali
Snobrdrblinkchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
00trdtaco
AF Newbie

im in southern orange county. thankyou for the help i new the intake was a waste. you always help me out man. im lost without this site
Old 05-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
Snobrdrblinkchik
AF Newbie

not always a waste...there aren't too many water crossings in Socal...but ya never know...do the deckplate mod to your stock airbox and you'll have approximately the same HP gains as an intake, but you can also close the hole for deep water crossings...as for the K&N filter, well any aftermarket filter that claims a higher air flow will also let more dirt by...but the fact that they're oilable will help that some...try the K&N or Amsoil filter...
BTW-I'm in Riverside county...if you ever plan on off-roading your truck...lemme know
Snobrdrblinkchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #6
Kumpressd
AF Newbie

Definitely toss the intake..when i supercharged my truck i got rid of my k&n fipk..even with the urd kit you will get less gain with an intake than with the deckplate mod...I have the deckplate on my supercharged prerunner w/headers, i can definitely feel it in the seat of the pants when i open it.
Kumpressd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma