Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
00trdtaco
AF Newbie

major help on lift got ?'s

i have a 2000 tacoma trd and im trying to get a little more clearance to put on some 32's. I had a idea that I would put on two inches or so on a coil spacer and a add a leaf in the back and that would be cheap easy and effective. I recently went to a four wheel parts store and they said that the spacers would require me to get new shcks and struts and that it wouldn't fit 32s and also my stock rim would not be able to hold any larger size tire than the stock 31s. I have been getting mixed messages with internet stores and friends and these four wheel part places. My funds are limited and want to know if the spacers and 32 inch tire idea would work. i heard i could retain my shocks because i just purchased monroe sensatrac shocks and struts. help please
00trdtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
superjoe83
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to superjoe83
Re: major help on lift got ?'s

spacers and add a leafs will get you enough room for 32x11.50"s as far as shocks go, you WILL NOT need new or longer front shocks, because they are made only to let the control arm drop so far to prevent cv/ball joint binding, as for the back, you can try it with the shocks you have right now, it will be ok for street use but the shocks will limit your articulation and will need to get longer ones if you wheel alot. Now, about your wheels, they are fine, my friend has a tacoma with the stock 15x7 alloys running 32x11.50's with no lift, but he also rubs a bit. Hope this helps, Joe
Old 03-30-2004, 01:39 PM   #3
dfskinner
AF Regular

Joe, he rubs a little when he's turning or all the time?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
superjoe83
AF Regular

just turning
Old 04-02-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
BlkTTORA
AF Newbie

help on your lift

Get a 3inch revteck. It will clear up to 33's and no worries.
BlkTTORA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:35 AM   #6
redtoy92
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00trdtaco
i have a 2000 tacoma trd and im trying to get a little more clearance to put on some 32's. I had a idea that I would put on two inches or so on a coil spacer and a add a leaf in the back and that would be cheap easy and effective. I recently went to a four wheel parts store and they said that the spacers would require me to get new shcks and struts and that it wouldn't fit 32s and also my stock rim would not be able to hold any larger size tire than the stock 31s. I have been getting mixed messages with internet stores and friends and these four wheel part places. My funds are limited and want to know if the spacers and 32 inch tire idea would work. i heard i could retain my shocks because i just purchased monroe sensatrac shocks and struts. help please

superjoe hit it on the head! what he said is how it is! red
redtoy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:19 PM   #7
Shredhead
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: major help on lift got ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtoy92
superjoe hit it on the head! what he said is how it is! red
I just bought a tacoma 4x4 it's been years since ive been able to afford one (the family thing) I would like to lift it fairly inexpensivly (somewhere around 3 to 4 inches) and I have seen the lift kits that use spacers for the coil springs with an add a leaf or blocks for the rear as well as doing a mild body lift but from what I have read using these spacers could damage the joints and boots, any one have an idea?
Shredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:29 AM   #8
redtoy92
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: major help on lift got ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredhead
I just bought a tacoma 4x4 it's been years since ive been able to afford one (the family thing) I would like to lift it fairly inexpensivly (somewhere around 3 to 4 inches) and I have seen the lift kits that use spacers for the coil springs with an add a leaf or blocks for the rear as well as doing a mild body lift but from what I have read using these spacers could damage the joints and boots, any one have an idea?

they do increase the wear and tear on the cv's because they increase the angle on them. but if you get a kit like the one from cornfed you get a diff drop with it that will help out the angle and you will be fine! I would say they make the best spacer lift for the money! if you have the money then a coilover(saws.kings,etc) would be nice! if you don't run over 32 inch tires that is all you need. if you want 33's then a 2inch body lift will be a good idea with it! red
Old 04-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #9
Shredhead
AF Enthusiast

I heard something about the differential drop sounds a little like how a truck with a solid front axle was lifted, the tallest I have seen is the 3 inch spacers but as I said they say you shouldn't go over 2". If I went 3" spacer with the diff drop would that be safe enough? It's been way to long since Ive had a 4X so go easy on me with the next question here, where do You get the cornfed lift kit on line? And what is a (saws.kings,etc) like I said it's been a while so don't tear me up to much.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:32 AM   #10
redtoy92
AF Regular

Re: Re: major help on lift got ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredhead
I heard something about the differential drop sounds a little like how a truck with a solid front axle was lifted, the tallest I have seen is the 3 inch spacers but as I said they say you shouldn't go over 2". If I went 3" spacer with the diff drop would that be safe enough? It's been way to long since Ive had a 4X so go easy on me with the next question here, where do You get the cornfed lift kit on line? And what is a (saws.kings,etc) like I said it's been a while so don't tear me up to much.
you will be fine with the 3inch spacer and the 1 1/4 diff drop. try http://www.cornfedsuspension.co-inc.net/ the saws and kings are a way to lift the front but they are coilover shocks a much better ride but the price is much more. http://www.tsliftkitstore.com/produc...t.asp&ID=52553 red
Old 04-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #11
Shredhead
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice, I clicked on the link You posted and came up with errors so I googled and Yahood cornfed but did not see an actual company cornfed. Is cornfed an actual lift or a style of lift?
Old 04-09-2004, 12:50 AM   #12
superjoe83
AF Regular

heres a link that works for cornfed http://www.cornfedsuspension.com/
Old 04-10-2004, 08:11 PM   #13
onemeantaco
AF Newbie

I put a 2.5 coil spacer and add a leaf, and a 3" body lift on a 2000 taco ext cab, i have been plowing snow with it for 2 years and havent had any problems with the cv joints
onemeantaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #14
Shredhead
AF Enthusiast

Thanx for all the help I will be doing the cornfed thing with the diff drop as well
Old 08-12-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
hemidog
AF Newbie

so hows the cornfed suspension doing??
hemidog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma