Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
bobyoung
AF Newbie

horn problems in 95 Roadmaster

I found an old thread here with the same problem I'm encountering in a 95 base Roadmaster, the horn is extremely touchy and went on by itself three times before a trip to the garage where it now sits. I did not want to touch it because of the airbag. The garage said that these are no longer avalable from Buick and if they were they were 700.00?? but did find a correct color one at a junk yeard for 300.00. (Maroon) It was put in and was found to have the same problem although not as bad as mine, so I told them to look around for another one. I have two 95's, a sedan and a wagon, the wagon is fine, it has about 102K on it, the sedan has about 130K on it.
Anyway did anyone ever encounter this problem and find a cure for it?
One more problem is that only two of the horns are working, the lower pitch horn only comes on after it's been stuck for a few minutes (I found this out at 2 am one night) Does anyone know of a source for these horns? Thanks, this is my first post. Incidentally I love both these cars.
bobyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: horn problems in 95 Roadmaster

Welcome to AF!
It sounds like it could be the airbag/ horn button in the back of the airbag, or the horn switches inside the airbag cover may be worn and making contact. Temperature changes can aggravate the issue. It is a known issue among some Buick models such as the Roadmaster, and Park Ave.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster