Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 01:39 PM   #1
JimStewart
AF Newbie

Question 04 TL vibration

Just bought a 04 TL. Great car........however,

I experience a vibration at about 45 MPH, and it continues till about 65 mph.

Its not a huge vibration , but it bugs the crap out of me. I plan in taking it to the dealer, but thopught I would check out with you guys to see if anyone else has had this and what the cause might be?

Thanks in advance

Jimbo
JimStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
MunG35
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MunG35 Send a message via Yahoo to MunG35
Re: 04 TL vibration

might be wheel alignment.. yeah have the dealer take a look at it
Old 06-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #3
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

sounds more like a wheel balance is in need. How many miles are on it.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:04 PM   #4
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 04 TL vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privatebigandrew
sounds more like a wheel balance is in need.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #5
joellthomas
AF Regular

hey, what was it? iknow you're not still vibeing around.
joellthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
Pathos
AF Newbie

2004 TL vibration at 45-60mph

We too have vibration at 45-60 mph, wheels and alignment checked twice by dealer from which we bought car in may and they are ok, dealer says its normal with that car. Not really! how to return the piece of junk?
Pathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:02 PM   #7
joellthomas
AF Regular

this car should not vibrate. alighment does don't normally cause vibration. usually a (bad) tire, loose lug nuts, bent wheel, bent spindle. i had one car that vibrated above 50 when throttle was applied, and it was the cv joints. auh, do you have goodyears.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #8
kbhavsa
AF Newbie

vibration

I'm glad you wrote. I have the same exact problem with the TL. It is only 4 weeks old. I brought the car into the delaer and he re-balanced the wheels. vibration at 65mph went away but vibrations at 45 mph increased. I brought it back to the dealer and he said that this has been a commonality with the TL and this is the way the car should drive. I have a problem with that because the vibration is not only annoying but feels unsafe. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced similar problems.
kbhavsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:25 PM   #9
joellthomas
AF Regular

this car should not vibrate! tires is the most likely, rotating can sometimes help locate the tire. does it vibrate only while you are accellerating??
Old 08-27-2004, 08:52 AM   #10
kbhavsa
AF Newbie

Thanks for writing. The car does vibrate when accelerating or even at steady sopeeds at 45 mph but goes away at 55. The dealer did put on a new set of tires and test drove my car and another TL. He said they were comparable and this vibration is normal with TL. It just feels a little unsafe while I accelerate. he already balance the tires and looked at the alignment. Not sure what it could be but the Acura corporate office said tehy have had many similar complaints and they are working to find out what it could be.
kbhavsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #11
Bizzybo
AF Newbie

The most likely cause of the vibration is the bridgestone/firestone tires that are used by acura on that model. The dealer will only replace them with the same model tire, but if you put a set of michelins on it should go away. And vibration on the 2004 TL is not "normal".
Bizzybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #12
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

You TL owners need to quit complaining about a vibration b/t 45 and 55. Its not even noticable enough to be complaining about. i have test drove many of these cars with this problem and half the time i can't even feel it. It "is" because of the tires, bridgestones are crap, but damn, its not that bad. Spend a day in my car and you would go crazy.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 PM   #13
PigPen5150
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PigPen5150

Buy an 05 with NAVI. They finally put Michelins on at least some of them. It is those Bridgestones, big mistake on Acura's part. In rare cases the dealer is allowed to install a "new" set of tires. They're still Bridgestones and I haven't heard anyone say it made the vibration go away completely.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #14
TampaMike
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 04 TL vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen5150
Buy an 05 with NAVI. They finally put Michelins on at least some of them. It is those Bridgestones, big mistake on Acura's part. In rare cases the dealer is allowed to install a "new" set of tires. They're still Bridgestones and I haven't heard anyone say it made the vibration go away completely.

Just just ordered an 05 Auto w/ Navi. Do Michelins come with Auto or only the Manual Tranny? Personally, I am a fan of Michelins and have put them on several cars that had uncurable vibrations. The Michelins were always an improvement if not the cure.
TampaMike is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL