Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
c_zermeno
AF Newbie

Question Installing a Supercharger

Im thinking about switching my 01' 3.3L Frontier 4x4 SE Crew Cab AT, and adding a Nissan Supercharger. I've looked on eBay and you can get them for like $150 bucks. That would add about 40hp. What do you guys think. Anybody have a Supercharged Nissan have to say about their preformance. Or better yet anybody know how difficult it is to install. What do you guys think? Worth it?
c_zermeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
jimparson
AF Newbie

Super Charger

I don't know anything about installing them, however I can tell you about owning one. I bought an 02 S/C. It ran nice, the charger was novel at first. But then I realized the lack of fuel economy, even without "getting on it". Finally fed up with 13-14 mpg on the highway (at times), I traded it in for an 05 with a manual transmission. I really like the new four liter, no problems yet and keeping my fingers crossed.
jimparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
elyk_43
AF Newbie

Re: Installing a Supercharger

i am new to this site and i need some help. I was wanting to install a supercharger on my 2000 desert runner. I can buy a supercharger off ebay for about $150 but its just the supercharger. what else would i need to get in order for it to work properly? Does anything internal need to be done?
elyk_43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
kevin.kon
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Installing a Supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyk_43
i am new to this site and i need some help. I was wanting to install a supercharger on my 2000 desert runner. I can buy a supercharger off ebay for about $150 but its just the supercharger. what else would i need to get in order for it to work properly? Does anything internal need to be done?

Forget it!! I talked with a nissan service advisor, you will have to reprogram the ECU, change the injectors, change the compression ratio, change the fan belt, and your gas milage will decrease. If you still want to do this have a professional do it. My advisc, sell the 2000 DR and get a Frontier with the SC in it, or better yet get a 2005 fronty
kevin.kon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara