Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina APV
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
fast68chevy
AF Newbie

repairing rusted broken rear front sub-frame mount metals?

so whats the way to fix the rusted and broken sub frame mounts rear of front subframe? have rusted pulled through also are cracked all way through and broken. cutting them off totally and welding on good ones from another GM car seems to tb eh only way to g asbout this, with the old Lincoln dome 220 stick welder i have. figure just could cut good ones from whatever 90s early 00s GM car subframe and weld them on. maybe preferably from the most similar cars liek century 6000 ciera celebrity? or should i take from a larger W body? which subframe shares most similar to these Lumina van ones?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
RobertWalter
AF Newbie

Re: repairing rusted broken rear front sub-frame mount metals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast68chevy View Post
so whats the way to fix the rusted and broken sub frame mounts rear of front subframe? have rusted pulled through also are cracked all way through and broken. cutting them off totally and welding on good ones from another GM car seems to tb eh only way to g asbout this, with the old Lincoln dome 220 stick welder i have. figure just could cut good ones from whatever 90s early 00s GM car subframe and weld them on. maybe preferably from the most similar cars liek century 6000 ciera celebrity? or should i take from a larger W body? which subframe shares most similar to these Lumina van ones?

If it's the same area as on my 1992, I welded giant washers as a gusset. Picked them up at Fastenall Co.
RobertWalter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina APV