Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 03:22 PM   #1
92MR2
AF Newbie

qUESTIONS ABOUT THE 92 MR2

:sun: okay I got a couple of questons to ask about this bad ass car, well the first one is will 19 inch c-5 racing heart rims fit on the front with the trd widebody kit and dropped because I know it will fit in the back. the other is about the turbo kit can you put a turbo on a non turbo mr2 and what changes do you have to do to apply the turbo to the car. well if I do get one then what mods do I have to get for that to. I want to put a greddy t78 turbo with a intercooler. thanks for helping out.

92MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:35 PM   #2
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
i dont no bout da rims

as 4 da turbo question yes a turbo kit can be put on a non turbo mr2.
you would have 2 get a new exaust manifold and all the pulmbin. but the non turbo mr2's cant take much boost i heared they can only take bout 6psi on a stock internal setup cause the non turbo mr2 has a weak internal sys. i wouldnt recomena a t-78 turbo as the first turbo cause it would be hard 2 spool on a stock motor and you will have a good amount of turbo lag. if u di put a turbo it might want 2 go wit a greddy td-05\06 cause it is a easier turbo 2 spool cause it aint so big. also u might want 2 upgrade ur fuel sys. n ignition. u should put a blow off valve and if u got da cash a intercoler, also a exaust wit a 3'' downpipe and intake.

but plz plz do ur sele a favor an build ur internals and lower ur compression to bout 8.5:1 or less before u boost ur motor with a big turbo.
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote