Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
candl417
AF Newbie

Unhappy flywheel/starter

I have a 1991 suzuki samurai with a starting problem...every so often when starting the car I hear a grinding sound.(as if the car was already started). I've been told that I have a bad spot on the flywheel. Do I need to replace the flywheel? Am I doing damage? It just got a new starter. Any info would help. Thanks.
candl417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
PJRaces11
AF Newbie

i actually had this problem on mine and they have a fix for it go to either ebay and look for it or check out rocky-road.com its a clikcy starter fix it will help that grinding noise you hear
PJRaces11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #3
greenhorn
AF Newbie

Re: flywheel/starter

I'm not trying to be a dnk, but the clickety start is a completely different problem. If this problem happened before and after the new starter then the person that told you it's the fly wheel is most likely correct. The flywheel like all other parts on a vehicle wears with time. some time one place more quickly than the rest because the engine has a tendancy to stop at the same place. You could grab one from the local junkers, but it may have the same prob and you don't want to do this job twice, because it involves seperating the engine from the tranny. When you do this job you should also replace the bendex? gear in the starter so both parts are new, also personally if I had my flywheel off I'd pay the extra 150 and do the clutch while I was at it. If your a do it your selfer you could do all of this for abot 300 bucks if not shop around because prices on this kind of work vary greatly. hope that helps Tom Canada
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:38 AM   #4
greenhorn
AF Newbie

Re: flywheel/starter

oh p.s if it started after the starter only take it back it may be that the rebuild was boched
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai