Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:04 PM   #76
marydoll
AF Newbie

Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Why can t there be more "do it yourself girls" like us Briea. I bet just knowing you can be well off on youre own gives u great satisfaction =)
Old 04-05-2004, 12:46 AM   #77
briea
AF Newbie

yes it does it feels good to be driving down the street and see the boys look twice to be sure its a girl driving the car. i just think to my self yes its mine and i did it all thank you! i was taught by my daddy to not depend on him or any other person that it has to be all mine. and more daddies should teach teir girls that.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:05 AM   #78
SwtNLowShanna
AF Enthusiast

wow.. I guess I got into this thread kinda late.. Yeah I pay for my car and everything related to my car (that red X on the bottom ).. but damn don't I wish I was a spoiled rich kid...

'00 Civic EX Coupe, white
Various mods, long way to go...

Old 04-05-2004, 04:04 PM   #79
Spec2 Girl
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtNLowShanna
wow.. I guess I got into this thread kinda late.. Yeah I pay for my car and everything related to my car (that red X on the bottom ).. but damn don't I wish I was a spoiled rich kid...
Same. I’ve always bought my own cars and paid for modifications myself (unless it’s been for a Christmas or Birthday present – like the lowering springs I got for Christmas).

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t

Old 04-05-2004, 09:05 PM   #80
marydoll
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briea
yes it does it feels good to be driving down the street and see the boys look twice to be sure its a girl driving the car. i just think to my self yes its mine and i did it all thank you! i was taught by my daddy to not depend on him or any other person that it has to be all mine. and more daddies should teach teir girls that.

I feel the same way. I get many double takes from guys who think its a dude driving my car. I love it! A couple have even challenged me to race =p
Old 04-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #81
EmeraldPrelude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EmeraldPrelude
I have a mixed opinion, and background on this. I gained a great deal of money through inheritance. This was 4 years ago. While my mother was alive, I was given a beat up old Peugot to drive to school and back. (France's finest, lol.) So I really wasnt given much except schooling, and a way to get to school. Now, since I inherited the money, I have not only tripled what I was originally given, but I now make enough money yearly to almost live off of the interest in the investments I have. Now as you can say, I didnt start with the money, should I give it back, since I was born into a different home than someone else? I think thats foolish. However, I've been educated, and I am smart enough to know what to do with the money I have instead of blowing it all. So, I think of the children I may have in days to come.. Would I want them to have an exspensive car right off the bat, just because I can afford it? Not likely. However, I would want to make sure my child had a safe, dependable car, which could be a good reason to get a new car, if not an exspensive one.

I do think that its pretty messed up though, to see the original post. Its absurd to think that every car owned is because of some woman hanging from her man's nuts like originally said. There are plenty of women out there who pave their own path through this world, not all of them choose to buy outrageous vehicles, because we dont have to show our manhood through our vehicles.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:38 AM   #82
EuroticaBabe*69
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to EuroticaBabe*69 Send a message via AIM to EuroticaBabe*69 Send a message via Yahoo to EuroticaBabe*69

hey yall, im new to this website so i was just wonderin is n e one is one here? i have a 2000 2 door honda civic ex.....n e one else? lol
Old 04-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #83
dayna240sx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dayna240sx

well, maybe if you spelled out the words and made some sense, we could answer your question.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #84
96' altimahoney
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 96' altimahoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRGRL2
I know what you mean. That's also MORE true w/ a lot of these high school kids (mainly guys..just my opinion) whose parent's buy them $20,000+ cars for graduation or birthdays AND pay for the mods! It makes me sick because my first car was a 1990 Mercury Topaz! Now I have a GSR and it's in my name and I pay for all of it on top of my maxed out credit card bill for the mods! If it were up to my parent's...I'd still have that Topaz. My boyfriend owns a tuning shop here in my town (so yes I get the hookups...but not for free) and I've heard stories of kids moms or dads actually coming in w/ them and buying them anything they want...repeatedly! Must be nice. It all comes down to how people were raised I think. In my family it's "You work=you drive, you don't work=you walk."
true true, same here i may be in highschool, but i bought my own car and pay my own car insurance. i work two jobs, pep boys during the week, and i tutor during the weekends. i get no handouts. i know how to hook up my car but i get occasional help from my step dad. all he does is manual labor on sum parts of the engine, and helped install my body kit, thats it. i feel ya pain. i know only 1 person at my school who hooks her own shit up and thats me lol
Old 04-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #85
96' altimahoney
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 96' altimahoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRGRL2
I know what you mean. That's also MORE true w/ a lot of these high school kids (mainly guys..just my opinion) whose parent's buy them $20,000+ cars for graduation or birthdays AND pay for the mods! It makes me sick because my first car was a 1990 Mercury Topaz! Now I have a GSR and it's in my name and I pay for all of it on top of my maxed out credit card bill for the mods! If it were up to my parent's...I'd still have that Topaz. My boyfriend owns a tuning shop here in my town (so yes I get the hookups...but not for free) and I've heard stories of kids moms or dads actually coming in w/ them and buying them anything they want...repeatedly! Must be nice. It all comes down to how people were raised I think. In my family it's "You work=you drive, you don't work=you walk."
true true, same here i may be in highschool, but i bought my own car and pay my own car insurance. i work two jobs, pep boys during the week, and i tutor during the weekends. i get no handouts. i know how to hook up my car but i get occasional help from my step dad. all he does is manual labor on sum parts of the engine, and helped install my body kit, thats it. i feel ya pain. i know only 1 person at my school who hooks her own shit up and thats me lol
Old 10-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #86
silver bullet LS
Banned

damn my dad bought me my 01 teg silver ls automatic with 23k miles for 12k. Really looking for a gsr, but too pricey and too much miles. Any way i think its fine aslong i can pay for my own insurance and modify my own ride. Not spoiled tho, but i will do the same for my kids, dont be mad cuz my parent show more love unconditional then yours!!! =P future mod: b18c5 swap, itr jdm front
Old 10-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #87
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

wholly revived dead thread batman....

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Old 10-31-2004, 04:18 PM   #88
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

any objections to locking this thread and letting it sink back to the back of the forum???

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Old 10-31-2004, 10:55 PM   #89
got v-tec?
AF Enthusiast

my friends little sister just graduated and her grad gift was a bran new 04' wrx sti and when she turned 16 she got a 98 ek hatch/b16 turbo
Old 11-01-2004, 07:05 AM   #90
silver bullet LS
Banned

now thats spoil, good thing her parent are rich. Well next year im graduating and getting my career going, so imma fix my 2001 ls for my maximum pleasure, and as an every day fast car. I want a porsche or an ///M3. So i spoil myself too.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot