Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 03:38 PM   #31
Mrock
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mrock
All of you women must be getting paid more than us guys, because I'm hearing a lot of "paid for all of my carS...". Whatever the case be, that's good.

Getting at least the insurance payment from parents must be nice. It adds up.
ZC powered '91 CRX...JE 10:1 pistons, Crower rods, Bullfrog cams, Throttle body bored by Gude, Port and polished head, AEM adjustable cam gears, 340cc injectors, MSD SCI ignition, Cold air intake, clutchmaster stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel/heavy duty pressure plate, zex nitrous kit.

Waiting to arrive (and install, to get this baby running!)
Walbro fuel pump, PWR radiator, PM7 ECU

Look out, I can run 17's allllll day.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:45 AM   #32
blu99tege
AF Newbie

I know I dont really count cause I am a guy and all, but I have owned 3 vehicles and paid for them myself.
1st car: 1983 Mercury Marquis station wagon(baby blue with the fake wood paneling on the side) nice leather seats though.
2nd car: Beater 1970 chevy pickup.
Now: 1999 acura integra ls (stock) that I pay a horrable interest rate for(never financed a car before) and to top it off 4000 dollars a year in insurance. And that is with no tickets.
Thank god I am in the military and the government pays for my housing, cause I cant afford much else.
I guess the point of my story is that usually someone takes care of their vehicles better cause they are paying for them and not mom and pops. At least, that is how it woks with all the people that I know.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:59 AM   #33
Mrock
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mrock
Definently true...without a doubt.
ZC powered '91 CRX...JE 10:1 pistons, Crower rods, Bullfrog cams, Throttle body bored by Gude, Port and polished head, AEM adjustable cam gears, 340cc injectors, MSD SCI ignition, Cold air intake, clutchmaster stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel/heavy duty pressure plate, zex nitrous kit.

Waiting to arrive (and install, to get this baby running!)
Walbro fuel pump, PWR radiator, PM7 ECU

Look out, I can run 17's allllll day.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #34
JDMsweetz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to JDMsweetz
I totally agree with you guys on that too..I mean I posted what I drive awhile back in this Thread. I admit, my mom and dad did pay for my 94 GSR Sedan but that's also because they bought my bro a 2001BMW. The point is, they may have spent $5600 on my car, but I payed for my jdm dc2 front conversion, my b20/vtec with JEpistons, my JDM interior, and some of the other goodies I have on my car...To me, that's not so bad for a high school girl

But yah, Props to all the ladies..! And yes, to the fellas too!
Old 11-01-2003, 12:16 PM   #35
GirlracerZrule
AF Newbie

Talking

I buy all my cars but i only own two
Old 11-05-2003, 02:09 AM   #36
pSyLaNcE
AF Newbie

well..i guess i really can't say much since my folks bought me my car...a 93 honda accord...man when i saw the car the first time i thought my parents must've been on the bong one too many times...
the exhaust had a huge crack...it sounded like i had a 4" exhaust on a stock lx muffler...the engine idled crazy...it died on us 4 times just trying to get it home...that was $4700 well spent..then i had to spend another $250 of my money getting the car to even run...i could've told them the moment i saw it that the car was a p.o.s. but i decided hey they were kind enough to buy it for me so i can't really complain...still driving it even though i've gotten into a wreck...damn woman turned left into me when i was in the middle lane of a four lane street...i was like wtf?
well..i got $4000 for the car so i'm giving that back to my folks...cost me $1000 to fix the damage...so all in all the car cost me over $2500 to fix the problems it came with and my folks $700...not too shabby...and yes i've played mechanic on the car and done some dumb things...the car's still in pieces actually...stripped everything out but haven't had the time to put in my springs and struts...one of these days...
Old 11-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #37
yelow88crxsi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to yelow88crxsi Send a message via Yahoo to yelow88crxsi
i had to pay for my rex myself....and to make the matters worse....heres the deal...i got her and a b15a motor swap...everything included for $2000.....i had to sell the swap b/c i needed the money in the bank...so i sold it for $2300...which makes the rex a neg. $300 car....which isnt too bad....but i went from a b16a to a zc....it kinda pisses me off b/c now i want the b16....the stuff i have done was mostly paid for.....bday presents, xmas presents....but thats all i got for xmas..my car shit....but ya know, i took it to the shop to get the exhaust....but my ex b/f and i put in my motor....and everything else....i recently just did my front brakes myself....it was pretty easy...and i put on a vcg.....now i have to do the clutch...but im not sure if i can do it by myself!! xoxox

Yellow88 Honda Crx Si ~~RETIRED~~ RIP CRX 12/03
~Black 89 Crx si~
zc 1.6 sohc
full exhaust
short shifter
momo steerig wheel
15.6@88mph oh baby oh baby

"The non-turbo supra, z23 cavi, p5t (new protoge? turbo) BEATER!!!*

Im looking for a cheap turbo setup....im me: HndaCrxGirl
Old 11-05-2003, 12:25 PM   #38
Emz
AF Newbie

Daddy didn't pay I did! I bought the Civic, the clear lights, the graphics, the bodykit, the rims + lowpros the exhaust the competition stereo, and everything else to be put in and on it to.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:27 PM   #39
yelow88crxsi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to yelow88crxsi Send a message via Yahoo to yelow88crxsi
emz....how old are u? xoxox

Yellow88 Honda Crx Si ~~RETIRED~~ RIP CRX 12/03
~Black 89 Crx si~
zc 1.6 sohc
full exhaust
short shifter
momo steerig wheel
15.6@88mph oh baby oh baby

"The non-turbo supra, z23 cavi, p5t (new protoge? turbo) BEATER!!!*

Im looking for a cheap turbo setup....im me: HndaCrxGirl
Old 11-26-2003, 12:19 AM   #40
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

I saw this post, and I must say that I give mad props to y'all that are paying for your own stuff. I'm still my dad's princess, and I will forever be my dad's princess, but that's me. I'm getting a swap and a lowering kit for Christmas, so that's really exciting, even though the swap is for the same engine/tranny that I have now (I have a blown tranny now. ) Anyways. Mad props to y'all, and good luck with the carS

PS- That also means that I'll have an extra b16 laying around. Anyone wanna buy it? PM me for sure.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 12-27-2003, 04:10 PM   #41
Lexy
AF Newbie

Wow, a lot of you girls are hard workers Props to all of you. My parents bought me two cars: a 98 Honda Civic Ex but later sold it and got me a 93 delsol si b/c I could reach the pedals better (haha)... also b/c it had lower insurance and I have three strikes on my record lol

Anyways, now my del sol is sold b/c I transferred to a 4 yr college & am living on campus. My parents strongly discourage working while I'm in school. I guess it has paid off b/c I am a senior at UCSB at 19 yrs old I am not looking forward to paying for my future car but I will be so proud when I finally do

I'm glad a lot of you girls actually work for your cars b/c I know that many guys think that they are the only gender that does
Old 01-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #42
GiRlieGrLB18c1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GiRlieGrLB18c1

I Had to take a loan out for my ride..I dont have parents that buy me whatever i want...I get the big laugh in my face LOL, But I am on my moms insurance which saves me $$
Old 01-07-2004, 12:23 AM   #43
JoniHondaGirl
AF Newbie

Hey I am 24 married with a 3 year old and yes my husband paid for my 94 Honda Civc. But guess what I am doing all the mods myself. I am proud to be a girl that can actually do more work on a car than most guys claim to . I worked as a paint prep for a bodyshop for almost 2 years. I can't wait to actually getting started with real mods!!!
And for all that doubt ricers are KICKASS!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:38 AM   #44
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Spectre927
Re: Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniHondaGirl
Hey I am 24 married with a 3 year old and yes my husband paid for my 94 Honda Civc. But guess what I am doing all the mods myself. I am proud to be a girl that can actually do more work on a car than most guys claim to . I worked as a paint prep for a bodyshop for almost 2 years. I can't wait to actually getting started with real mods!!!
And for all that doubt ricers are KICKASS!!!!!!
You're married, so his money is your money and visa versa, so he didint really buy it for you, he helped you. But way to go on doing the mods. Sexy..... oh wait, you're married, sorry..... but still sexy....
Old 01-07-2004, 12:48 AM   #45
JoniHondaGirl
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre927
You're married, so his money is your money and visa versa, so he didint really buy it for you, he helped you. But way to go on doing the mods. Sexy..... oh wait, you're married, sorry..... but still sexy....
That is true but I didn't think most would see the difference. Thanks for the comp. my husband likes the fact that I do help with the cars Too.
Lovin it Honda Style

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot