Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
dnadeveloper
AF Newbie

Color Match

I had the bumper replaced on my silver town and country and to me it looks like the paint color is either poorly matched or it was not properly blended to the adjacent panel. When I look at the car it looks obvious to me has been replaced. I expected that I would get the car back looking as if no repair ever took place and there was never any damage..
Judging by the attached picture, does it seem like I’m being overly critical or does the paint match look subpar?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paintJobCropped.jpg (200.2 KB, 7 views)
dnadeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
18frszymanski
AF Newbie

Re: Color Match

The paint finish looks good! But there is a common problem that can happen with a "lazy" shop owner or employee that matched the paint. Say you look up code WA8555. Its GM black. There are 3 or 4 blacks in the code itself. When you click on each code when the code enters the computer you'll see each black says more red, less black, more white etc. This is every paint code. Some paint codes have only 2 variants or 15 at the most I've had to deal with. Why do they do this? When a car is painted at a car deal plant each plant may mix there color at different times. This means the different toners sometimes come through more in the mix. Meaning no car has exactly the same tone depending where it was made. Hope this helps!
18frszymanski is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network