Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Diamante
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
bob369
AF Newbie

Keyless Remote Prorgramming - Data Link Connector

What is the Data Link Connector and how exactly do you ground terminal #1 on it? Any help is much appreciated!

By the way, I need this info in order to program my new keyless remote for my Mitsubishi Diamante 2002. Anyone who needs instructions on how to do it I have them. There are a few programming steps and the first says: "Jump DLC terminal 1 and ground". I'm just confused on how exactly I should do this.

Anyone who can help please reply to my post. Thank you!
bob369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
vesuvius2
AF Newbie

Re: Data Link Connector

Can You Please Help Me I Am Looking For Program Instructions For My Remote. Here Is The Info On Them.
My Fcc-id Is E4eg8d-522ma
Omron G8d-524m-a
Thanks
vesuvius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
CWoods2004
AF Newbie

I also have a 2002 LS. Can you e-mail me programming instructions? x_wing2004@hotmail.com
CWoods2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
T2kind
AF Newbie

This is c&p for Montero sport. I suspect the programming procedure is the same for other Mit models.
DLC is the connector located under the dash at the steering column is. It has two rows, top row is narrower, bottom row is wider (has a D shape).

Locate Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath drivers side dash. The DLC is usually located underneath the steering column. Looking straight into the cavities of the DLC, you will notice how the DLC is tapered on both ends.You need to work on the wide row of cavities.

Put keys in ignition and leave in the "OFF" position.

Make sure there are metal contacts in the terminals 1 and 4 of the DLC.(Numbers on DLC are very small and difficult to read. Mine was numbered from right to left 1-7 on bottom, or wide row.) Straighten out a paper-clip. Place one end of paper clip into terminal 1 and bend the other end to insert into terminal 4. (instructions said to use a jumper wire, but I used a paper-clip)

Very Quickly, within 10 seconds of inserting the paper-clip, turn the ignition switch to the ACC position and then back to OFF. (do this very quickly 3 times)

Doors will automatically lock and unlock to indicate you are in the programming mode.

Press the Lock button on the remote 3 times within 10 seconds.

Doors will unlock once

Disconnect paper-clip and remove key from ignition

After trying several unsuccessful methods, I purchased this set of instructions. I am a woman, with no knowlege about cars. If I can do this anyone can. This worked the first time. Good Luck!
T2kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
joseinter
AF Newbie

Hi guys iam writing cuz iam looking for information abou how to enter data or commands to a car computer. example tell the car activate the panic alarm or turn on the lights usin the obd 2 port or other port available on the car. Thanks
joseinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
Tracey509
AF Newbie

Hi guys iam writing cuz iam looking for information abou how to enter data or commands to a car computer.
Tracey509 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Diamante