Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #16
TRACYCULBERSON
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: help on my 400 small block?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverBoardProject
Sounds like fun Tracy.

Here's what I'm working on as I have the time.

When I got it

After Sandblasting, and POR-15

It's the car that I'm dumping the Ford motor into
d
Dude thats great it looks like a real classic . Looks as if it may be somthing hard to come by
Old 09-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #17
OverBoardProject
Banned

Re: help on my 400 small block?!?!?!?

I got it along with this one for $1000.00 Canadian about a year ago
http://mypage.uniserve.com/%7Ekvsbt/...oor%20side.jpg
This 4 door is really rare, with several alumine panels where there is usually steel.

They won't handle as well as your sprint, but they should be nice rides when they're both finished
OverBoardProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #18
jveik
AF Enthusiast

yeah i noticed youre using por 15. im using that on my 73 chevy truck and it is litteraly indestructible. I tried it on some scrap metal and then tried to key the paint and i had to make 2 or 3 scrapes really hard to get down to bare metal. that stuff is freakin crazy lol
jveik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #19
OverBoardProject
Banned

I love that stuff. It's worth every penny.

My sandblaster will ripp through 4 layers of paint, and the rust underneath (yes I tried it) and it struggles to cut through the POR-15.

I just painted my Blazer in entirely POR-15 products and it never even got a scratch while going off roading the other day (the first time that I never scratched it to hell)
Old 09-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #20
TRACYCULBERSON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I got it along with this one for $1000.00 Canadian about a year ago
http://mypage.uniserve.com/%7Ekvsbt/...oor%20side.jpg
This 4 door is really rare, with several alumine panels where there is usually steel.

They won't handle as well as your sprint, but they should be nice rides when they're both finished
dude that is crazy , that is straight up Bonnie and Clyde man. That will be a fanstatic ride man you should get alot of enjoyment out of that.Good luck with that project if it was mine i think i would restore it first.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #21
OverBoardProject
Banned

I completely agree with you Tracy, although for some reason the coupe is a more desirable car to most people.

I only started the coupe first because I was waiting for some info on the 4 door. I thought that it might be way to desireable to hotrod. I recently found out that although it's rare it's not as rare as we first thought.

Don't be suprised if it gets worked on this winter.

My plans for this one are a S10 frame, and I might run a 350 or a 406 under the hood.

Black fenders, and a grey body

John Dillinger always stole Essex's and I believe that he died in a 33
Old 09-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #22
TRACYCULBERSON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I completely agree with you Tracy, although for some reason the coupe is a more desirable car to most people.

I only started the coupe first because I was waiting for some info on the 4 door. I thought that it might be way to desireable to hotrod. I recently found out that although it's rare it's not as rare as we first thought.

Don't be suprised if it gets worked on this winter.

My plans for this one are a S10 frame, and I might run a 350 or a 406 under the hood.

Black fenders, and a grey body

John Dillinger always stole Essex's and I believe that he died in a 33
John D man I forgot about Him and his gang . Yeh i like both of your cars . I hope you get every bit of the pleasure that you deserve out of both of them.Because you and i both know that alot of sweat and cursing , and everything else that goes with restoring these cars . Good luck I hope your on the road soon maybe you end up down here in gods country,that is in TENNESSEE
Old 09-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #23
OverBoardProject
Banned

I live in the Okanagan in BC Canada, it's also called Gods Country. And I love it here.
Feel free to come up here any time next year, you'll love it!

I'd like to get 1 ready for Hot August Nights Reno either next year, or the following year.
http://www.gotorenotahoe.com/rt25/ho.../?pc=googleHAN

If your Sprint is ready it would be fun to run it down there too.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #24
TRACYCULBERSON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I live in the Okanagan in BC Canada, it's also called Gods Country. And I love it here.
Feel free to come up here any time next year, you'll love it!

I'd like to get 1 ready for Hot August Nights Reno either next year, or the following year.
http://www.gotorenotahoe.com/rt25/ho.../?pc=googleHAN

If your Sprint is ready it would be fun to run it down there too.
would nt that be fun man . I would like to see that part of the country someday . Love to travel dude . I like to get close to mother nature , andther is no other way than in an bad ass machine or shall i say a crowd pleaser , or a grocery getter whatever it is this is for sure it would be blast.I do'nt think that the sprint will be done that soon .See this is a project that i want my son to help with and he is going to turn eleven his next birthday . So the last several months i have not been working on it. we are going to get back in the swing of things in the near future
Old 09-25-2005, 11:54 PM   #25
OverBoardProject
Banned

You'll probably ike these pitures that I took last week while fishing. The deer pictures are from inside the house where I live.
http://www.kvsbt.com/Thone%20Lake/
http://mypage.uniserve.com/~kvsbt/scrap/
http://www.kvsbt.com/Thone%20Lake/DSC01120.JPG
Old 09-26-2005, 06:14 AM   #26
TRACYCULBERSON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
You'll probably ike these pitures that I took last week while fishing. The deer pictures are from inside the house where I live.
http://www.kvsbt.com/Thone%20Lake/
http://mypage.uniserve.com/~kvsbt/scrap/
http://www.kvsbt.com/Thone%20Lake/DSC01120.JPG
That was great dude . Those pictures or just the simple settings in the background are perfect. I love the winter time it's the best time of the year . At least i think so . Those were good pictures . May be somday i will see that part and other parts of the country that i have 'nt seen
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #27
quintex813
AF Newbie

You hear a lot of opinions on the sbc, from 267 to 406 and everyone has an opinion of which one is best or more reliable, In the 43 years I have been building and racing everything from small chevy to big block, Ford 406 and 427 nascar and dodge 340 to 440 and maxi wedge it comes to this, IF YOU HAVE A PRACTICLE plan, a real world look and the form and function to and of your build, then my opinion is whatever you decide to build is going to work. I have built streetable 350, 400, 406, 427 434 small blocks that produced from lowly 355 H.P. to downright scary 847.2 H.P. on fuel/gas if you will indulge, with NO nos or other cheats and garbage. It,s always about attention to detail and extreme accuracy of the build, all of which should be practiced no matter what your build intention is, I have a customers engine in a final build stage as we speak, this 406 will be dropped into a 1966 devin, now the induction is the key to this as it is a cross-ram 4 DCOE 48 weber setup, roller motor built to a specific use end this moderate compression engine with a spec hydr, roller cam dynoed at 537.60 H.P. w/ 462.7 ft.lb.torque and will run 12/24 at sebring hands down, this same engine with a modified intake and highly massaged 830 holley/ fast carb with a slight up in C.R. to 11.9:1 WILL PRODUCE 713.0 H.P. 571.0 Ft. lb. torque all under 7300 rpm safely and damn near all day. If you have any doubts, call me JF Gordon 813-854-2747 or check my web at jfgordon24.com
quintex813 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars