Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Diamante
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
TDWPgtp
AF Regular

03 radio replacement/ code

hi everyone well my friend has an 03 i believe diamante. he tried replacing his stock head unit with an after market one and couldnt figure out how. now its locked and he needs the code. first off is there any way other than going to the dealership to get the code(printed anywhere in the car) and second what is the correct way to wire a aftermarket head unit? he has a wiring harness adapter but said it didnt make sense. i havent had a chance to look at it yet, but how do u do it with a harness adaptor or just by cutting and tying wires thanks
TDWPgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
02diamante
AF Newbie

Re: 03 radio replacement/ code

I have a 02 diamante which should be the same as yours, and I have replaced the radio with an aftermarket unit. Here is what I know. First, the only place the radio code is printed on the car is on the top of the radio itself. As for the strange wiring, the connector behind the radio is part of an amplifier cable, which will not help you at all. I had to run speaker wires to the trunk and bypass the amplifier, which is located in the trunk underneath the trunk lining behind the back passenger side seat. The entire process is extremely frustrating, but I think it was worth it. The stock speakers sound great with this radio, I can hook up my iphone now, and I was able to install a backup camera.
02diamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
coolworld
AF Newbie

well code is written on the top of the radio.you should connect it through trunk .well its difficult to connect but you can run your music with that
coolworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
RahX
AF Enthusiast

VIN and the serial number on the radio, call the dealer and they can give you the code.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Diamante