Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel
Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel Starting with the Prince Skyline in the 50's. The Nissan Skyline brand is at the forefront of the Japanese performance. The later generations are the R30, R31, R32, R33, and R34. Forum also includes the station wagon Stagea, and the Laurel built on the same platform.
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 12:21 PM   #1
NX1600
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to NX1600
Question New Stagea?

I found this on the Nissan JP site....
http://www.nissan.co.jp/PRESTIGE/contents.html
Is this the new Stagea?
And if this is ti... does someone have pics of it (not those teasers)

Greetz,

NX1600
Old 10-27-2001, 12:14 PM   #2
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Can't say whether it is or not... Nevertheless, the new Stagea is out. Check the new thread in this forum for pictures.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:53 PM   #3
NX1600
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to NX1600
oke, thnx!

Great looking car..... and the new Wingroad looks also amazing!
Old 06-09-2002, 05:39 PM   #4
Sadiztik
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Sadiztik
Damn Nissan is stupid

they dont realize how popular that car would be here

same with the Skyline
Old 01-05-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
nickdadick
AF Newbie

Wink Nissan not so stupid.

It was not Nissan's choice in the matter of selling it in the US market. I have a friend that handles the deleivery and ordering of GT-R Skylines for the dealerships here in Japan. (I get some cool stuff only the original owners get.) He told me that it was all the red tape and the fact that the Stagea and GT-R's, specificaly would be put within reach of the adverage car nut's wallet. This car right from the factory will out perform 95% of the police cars and inteceptors. With a little motor and supenssion work, it will out run and handle better than all but the most exotic cars. The Euro market even has a supper hot GT-R and Stagea that is badged the GT-R Nur Spec II and RS260Nur Spec. 450bhp from the factory. Just a couple of days ago I was racing a Benz on the Sanyo. I hit 280kph and my Stagea is only a base line Stagea with a rb25det from a R34 Skyline. But it has been hopped up a little. So do not throw the torch at Nissan. Look to our congress and people we voted in to office. These cars are imported/exported to almost every country except the US without alot of trouble. Just a note: The Stagea was slated in 97 to come the the US but was blocked untill this year. You can now go to Nissan and but the Infinty Q35 version of the M35 Stagea. Japan has a Gilla body kit that make the M35 rock. Look for some pictures soon. I will be down loading them soon.

Peace OUT!!
Old 04-14-2004, 05:13 AM   #6
Corona69
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Nissan not so stupid.

Dude u sound like the man with the Stegea info, Australia seems to be one of the lucky countries, The Stagea is now available to import, What I need is a contact in the home land for the Stagea whom I can rely on getting the wild parts for..

Great info
Regards

Corona69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdadick
It was not Nissan's choice in the matter of selling it in the US market. I have a friend that handles the deleivery and ordering of GT-R Skylines for the dealerships here in Japan. (I get some cool stuff only the original owners get.) He told me that it was all the red tape and the fact that the Stagea and GT-R's, specificaly would be put within reach of the adverage car nut's wallet. This car right from the factory will out perform 95% of the police cars and inteceptors. With a little motor and supenssion work, it will out run and handle better than all but the most exotic cars. The Euro market even has a supper hot GT-R and Stagea that is badged the GT-R Nur Spec II and RS260Nur Spec. 450bhp from the factory. Just a couple of days ago I was racing a Benz on the Sanyo. I hit 280kph and my Stagea is only a base line Stagea with a rb25det from a R34 Skyline. But it has been hopped up a little. So do not throw the torch at Nissan. Look to our congress and people we voted in to office. These cars are imported/exported to almost every country except the US without alot of trouble. Just a note: The Stagea was slated in 97 to come the the US but was blocked untill this year. You can now go to Nissan and but the Infinty Q35 version of the M35 Stagea. Japan has a Gilla body kit that make the M35 rock. Look for some pictures soon. I will be down loading them soon.

Peace OUT!!
Dude
Old 04-14-2004, 08:05 AM   #7
nickdadick
AF Newbie

Here is the wrap on the Stagea parts. As far as performance parts go.. anything that fits on a skyline fits on a stagea. The motors are the same. If you pop the hood on a skyline and a Stagea, you will be looking a the same motor. The suspension is a little different. Look to a 180Z, 240Z or a silvia for the coilovers for the 2 wheel drive version. Look to the Skyline GT-Rs for the 4 wheel drive version of the Stagea. The exhaust is the only real hang up, it is about 20-25cm longer due to the increased wheel base. Getting the goodies is not the problem. It is getting them to you. I can send them through the postal system and it may take some time. but it is limited to 70lbs. All the brake systems for the skylines (5 lug)and 300zx will work if you want a cheap but good upgrade. So look to the skylines for your shopping. I have multiple catalogs on skylines and stageas. I am open to questions and requests.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
Corona69
AF Newbie

Re: New Stagea?

Dude, u are the man....Getting the parts across from Japan, Is not to much of an issue to me I will organise the air freight.
What is your knowledge on the 1997-2001 Chasers?

Thanku again
Corona69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdadick
Here is the wrap on the Stagea parts. As far as performance parts go.. anything that fits on a skyline fits on a stagea. The motors are the same. If you pop the hood on a skyline and a Stagea, you will be looking a the same motor. The suspension is a little different. Look to a 180Z, 240Z or a silvia for the coilovers for the 2 wheel drive version. Look to the Skyline GT-Rs for the 4 wheel drive version of the Stagea. The exhaust is the only real hang up, it is about 20-25cm longer due to the increased wheel base. Getting the goodies is not the problem. It is getting them to you. I can send them through the postal system and it may take some time. but it is limited to 70lbs. All the brake systems for the skylines (5 lug)and 300zx will work if you want a cheap but good upgrade. So look to the skylines for your shopping. I have multiple catalogs on skylines and stageas. I am open to questions and requests.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #9
nickdadick
AF Newbie

I assume you are talking about the Toyota chaser, correct?? They are just as easy to find parts for. I am more into the Nissan sceen. I have put my hands on a few toyotas but that was as far as it went.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #10
jwooman
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jwooman

I have install a set of Zeal coil over suspension for ER34 to my 4WD stagea, just the rear top pillow mount not fit. I have also install a set of ER34 front and rear brake system to my Stagea. The front caliper nuts size is different, 14mm and 19mm, had someone trim it down to fit.

Nickdadick, you can get parts in Japan, right? I am still looking for something for my Stagea. You can help?
Old 04-18-2004, 08:07 AM   #11
nickdadick
AF Newbie

I am not surprised about the r34. They (nissan) went to a wider mount bracket for the brakes. I have come across that acouple of times here fitting r34 brakes to 180's. With r34 GT-r's you need the whole hub assy. 32 and 33s have no problems with part swapping. But the stagea looks smoking with a r34 front end!!! Look to MASA for a kit(est.us$6000). What you looking for?

later
Old 04-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #12
jwooman
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jwooman

I am looking for a lot of stuff for my WGNC34, and the most badly is body kit....

o....one more thing about rims, I couldn't figure which offset is perfect for the 4WD WGNC34, do you know? Will 18x9 with +20 offset good? cos I have a set of R33 GTR's rims(17x9, +30), the rear looks great and line up with the the fender perfectly, but the front.... still have plenty of space to fit with a wider or smaller offset rims
Old 04-20-2004, 05:26 AM   #13
Enterthestagea
AF Newbie

Go the wagon, these cars are awesome, (where have I heard that before), only a couple of months since I bought mine and I can't get enough. The bug really bites to make these cars go quicker coz you know thats what they are made for. Do you know how heavy these are, weighed it the other day (1996, 4WD, RB25DET, AUTO) and with a full tank of fuel and no one inside in was 1750 kg. No wonder she's heavy on the juice. Definitely couldn't be my driving
Old 04-21-2004, 07:53 AM   #14
nickdadick
AF Newbie

offset Good news, bad news. I have found that a 15+ to a 20+ is a good offset for a 8" wide rim. Bad news. The front likes the 15+ better. But if you go with a 245 or wider tire in the back it will rub. I run a 17x10 +35 offset in the rear with 275s and a 17x8.5 +15 offset with a 245s. She sits like a beast ready to pounce on her prey. But she is a 2wd. as far as the 4wd... I woud just go with a 17 or 18x8.5 with a +20 offset all around and put 255s or 265s s
Old 04-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #15
nickdadick
AF Newbie

Body kits are limited. But there are a few good looking ones out there. I'll go dig out my books and post a few web sites. But my favorite is MASA here is the site Check out the GT-R34 front end stagea. Can we say SMOKIN!!!!? http://www.masamotorsports.com/