Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #16
'67'cuda
AF Regular

hey do some reasearch the guda came out 2 weeks before the mustang. and dont go jumpin on bleeddodge because camaros werent fast. i know why you hate us soo bad its because you got your ass wompt by a mopar didnt you. so know your bitter because they are faster arent you. you have issue im sorry there just isnt any other way to say it
'67'cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:46 PM   #17
slothboy
AF Newbie

Re: r/s or z28

R/s,z28,ss And So On Are The Models. All This Insures Is (pending Yr.) Is What Kind Of Options & Features You Can Expect.is It A Luxery Car,sporty,does It Have A Special Option? The Yr.make & Model Defines A Specific Feature. Cars Are Like People Pending Yr.make & Model You Know What To Expect!
slothboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:03 PM   #18
slothboy
AF Newbie

Before I Can Answer That Question I Need Specifics. The Name Of The Car Don't Mean Shit. Its Drive Train,suspenion,modification, Timely Maintenence & The Person Behind The Wheel. My Roommate Owns A 93 300z Twin Turbo! He Was Able To Stay Side By Side W/ A Vette. Knowing What A Car Can Do And Handle.understanding Its Performance & What All Those Numbers Mean Will Let You Know What A Close Race Is. TAKE THE VETTE & THEIR BIGGEST MISTAKE. 1980 25TH ANN.ED.THEIR FIRST FIBERGLASS BODY.8CYL NO BALLS.TRAVELING ON THE HIGHWAY YOU DON'T WANT TO PUSH IT.HITTING THE TEETH OF THE HIWY AT 50 THE CAR LIFTS&SHIFTS.I COULD BEAT THAT IN MY JEEP!

Last edited by slothboy; 07-13-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:24 AM   #19
1g1yy
AF Regular

It's obvious that you guys are a bunch of kids who know as little about cars as you do about spelling and english grammer. If you paid attention once in a while instead of wanting to play your silly one-upmanship childish games, you might learn something.
1g1yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:25 AM   #20
slothboy
AF Newbie

Im Sure Because You're Probably In Your Mid To Late Forties And You've Been Working On Cars Way Before I Was Even Thought Of Makes You More Knowledgable.all You Facts Are Straight. Both You And Mpbody Throw Out "specific" & "factual" Data.your Presentations Woo Me. In This Yr.this Car Came W/ This And That Had...and Its Part # Was ... I'd Believe Some Of Your Statements Too If I Did'nt Know Better. Wow! This Guy Must Really Know What He's Talking About He Even Knows The Part #.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 AM   #21
'67'cuda
AF Regular

Re: Re: r/s or z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1g1yy
It's obvious that you guys are a bunch of kids who know as little about cars as you do about spelling and english grammer. If you paid attention once in a while instead of wanting to play your silly one-upmanship childish games, you might learn something.

i thought this was a place of peace where i could get away from ass holes like yourself constantly puting people down not cool . and hey some times i dont hit the right key. and go to musclecarclub look up the 'cuda and there it is and i quote "The Plymouth Barracuda was the first pony car, debuting two weeks before the Ford Mustang." straight from the page and yes i am a kid i am only 15 i come here to read up on my favorite thing in the world so i can learn how to rebuild, repair and restore(the three R's i do pay atention in school ) the muscle car but if you want to constantly put me and others down i was odiviously mistaken about the site, i shall not return good bye too all of you who have been cool bleedDodge, slothboy and the moderators. as for you 1g1yy hope you feel really proud for putting down a 15 year old and his '67 'cuda makes you fell really big doesnt it.
'67'cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:11 AM   #22
1g1yy
AF Regular

Aw, poor baby!! Now you're making a play for sympathy. And I guess telling a fifteen year old to grow up would be a waste of time.

Look, if you reread this thread you will see that I was just trying to answer your question -- and then others who don't know what they are talking about chimed in trying to razz me. So I responded in kind. I never resorted to cursing you, as you did me.

As for what I said about 'Cudas, everything I said was accurate. It was only after the Mustang that they, in retrospect, were also called pony cars. And because with the 273 they were painfully slow, most of us who were around in the sixties never really respected them till the 1970 'Cuda and Challenger came out. I am not trying to put you down by stating this: If you see this as a put down then you are showing your immaturity. (I would have given my left n.. to own a '67 'Cuda when I was 15!! Or, actually ANY car at all.)

And if you will reread your post at the top of this page it should be obvious to even you that you are resorting to childish means of trying to put me down.

In the end this thread once again illustrates that it is useless to try to tell someone something they don't want to hear. As old as I am, I should have learned this lesson long ago!
Old 07-16-2004, 01:29 PM   #23
CMsecretary
AF Newbie

Spelling Bee!

Quote:
It's obvious that you guys are a bunch of kids who know as little about cars as you do about spelling and english grammer.
Maybe you should go back to the days when you were a kid and learn how to spell the word *grammar* before knocking the way other people spell. It is spelled with an "a" not an "e".

Quote:
When the light drops, the bullshit stops.
CMsecretary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:47 PM   #24
slothboy
AF Newbie

I'm 24yrs. Old Im Young,but Not A Kid. I'm Also A Well Educated Female, Who Taught English For A Short Time! I Understand That Some Of My Questions May Seem Silly To You Or For That Matter My Answers. I Assure You That I Ask These Questions For A Reason. Every Q? Gives Specific Details About The Cars Make-up. Even Q: That May Seem Silly Have A Impact. I Know This Because I've Been The Mngr.of A Junkyard For 5yrs. I Have Detailed & Specific Knowledge About Cars That The General Public ,body Shops,mechanics Even Auto.teachers Don't Have Axcess Too! Like I Said Before, I Do My Research. I Post My Answers Based On Facts Not Theories!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:41 PM   #25
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

Quote:
Hey, Bleeddodge, a '67 Cuda is neither a pony car nor a muscle car. It is simply a sporty 60s economy car. It is one of the cars we used to laugh at in the sixties because some guys would "rice" them out and think they had something!! Usually they would jack the rear up and put glass packs on.
Quote:
The Mustang was the first pony car -- why do you think they call them "pony" cars? Mustang -- pony Get it?

As for being on your shi. list, well my post wasn't even aimed at you -- I was razzing BleedDodge because of his post! Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you -- I meant to offend BleedDodge.

As for me liking rice -- only Uncle Bens!
Nowhere did I state that a 'Cuda was a pony car or muscle car. I don't agree with that anyhow. I don't know why you're trying to offend me, but I'm not bothered by that so whatever...
Old 07-17-2004, 01:27 AM   #26
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge
Re: Re: r/s or z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothboy
I'm 24yrs. Old Im Young,but Not A Kid. I'm Also A Well Educated Female, Who Taught English For A Short Time!
I would have never guessed.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:54 AM   #27
1g1yy
AF Regular

:22yikes: Ok, you got me CMsecretary!!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #28
CMsecretary
AF Newbie

EXXXXXCELLENT...MUAHHAHA!

Quote:
When the light drops, the bullshit stops.
CMsecretary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #29
SamBlob
AF Enthusiast

Firstly, I was a bit confused because I thought you all were talking about 1st generation Camaros, where the RS was an appearance package and the Z/28 was a Trans-Am racing homologation package, including the racing engine. There was at least one RS-Z/28 built, although why anyone would want to put the extra weight of an RS package on what is basically a racing package is beyond me. There were rather more RS-SS Camaros, which make sense as the SS engine's power delivery was better for the street and could handle the extra weight better.

Secondly, wasn't there a Barracuda 340 in '67? Or did they start making that in '68?

Finally, I Shudder To Think That An English Teacher Would Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence! What An Appaling State The Education System Must Be In!
SamBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #30
samandiar
AF Regular

Not to jump into the flame war or anything, but the Barracuda is considered the first pony car, considering it has the same long hood/short deck proportions that define pony cars, even though it wasnt called a pony car until the mustang.

Also, the mustang was named after the P51 fighter from WWII, not the horse. And the '65 Cuda Formula S 273 4spd can run a 15.9sec 1/4 mi and keep up with a 289 Mustang of the same year pretty easily.

Just my 2 cents

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical