Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #16
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Dealership cannot Diagnose Origin of Problem!

I would consider the "heater box" to also contain the evaporator core and the mount for the blower motor. It's more of a generic term for the large chunk of plastic inside the cabin, under the instrument cluster, that contains the large interior HVAC components.

But, keep in mind that my experiences are general, I have no specific experience with the Yaris to know if Toyota did something atypical with that HVAC system.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #17
Yaris1104
AF Newbie

Thanks again.
I actually saw the heater box when they had the car torn apart. The evaporator core in my car sits on top of it. They say they "cleaned" the box itself but I believe they might have used chemicals in the other components inside that box (heater core etc) perhaps to save time and not have to order other parts. Hence the strong chemiCal odor. And/or Perhaps other
hVAC components are still moldy. I also don't think they really were thorough with drain pan and hoses. I understand one cannot drain hoses in this weather even in a heated garage.
Yaris1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #18
shorod
SHO No Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobdtool View Post
Hello, I think you can buy one diagnostic tool to do your cars by yourself. Your car is 2012 Toyota Yaris 4-door. I suggest you to use the Toyota IT2.
Exactly how do you think an OBD2 diagnostic tool is going to help diagnose this problem?

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical