Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
'67'cuda
AF Regular

i need help

i think im going to end up selling my barracuda. the reason is its just too much off a project for me, i want to sell it to someone who knows what they are doing. and them find a mopar in better running and driving conditions. or should i suck it up save som money and get someone else to do it?? any help is apriciated
'67'cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: i need help

Most of these projects will take more money and time to do, than if you just bought a good one, right from the start.
If you don't enjoy working on it, sell it and get something better. If you don't have much money into it, and you have a place to put it, sure, put it aside for a while, until you have more money or enthusiasm.
I have had projects sitting around for up to 13 years before I got around to them.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:41 PM   #3
PeteRR
AF Regular

If you love the car and have the ability to store it so it won't get any worse, then keep it. Unless you have the ability to do the majority of the work yourself, it's a very expensive hobby to be in. You can register and sell it here:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

1968 Plymouth Road Runner
451 Stroker + Keisler 5-Speed OD manual trans
PeteRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #4
'67'cuda
AF Regular

i cant really store it anywhere except for this little parking spot where it is know next to a creak in moab(where i live). but its either sell it and use that money to get a different car or just save up and keep it and get another car.i need a car to drive to school and such. but dont be mistaken i love my cuda i just think i dont have the skill or money right know to fix it. and if i where to sell it i would only sell it to someone who actually knows how to restore it.
'67'cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:12 PM   #5
benswolf_1
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to benswolf_1 Send a message via Yahoo to benswolf_1
hey

We should talk- I have a friend who is pretty much done with his 67 cuda and wants to sell it and buy another project 67. Where do u live?
benswolf_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:02 AM   #6
72GTO
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 72GTO Send a message via Yahoo to 72GTO

I say you suck it upp... Im 17 get paid 100$ a week from my work and im rebuilding a 72 GTO... Just got to save up and spend on what you can... Like other people said they had some projects waiting around for years... Think about it cuz i thought about selling my car when i 1st got it because i had no money... Now my car is heading into the shop tomorrow for a engine rehaul and gettin painted and gettin new floor pans and trunk pan put in...

The way i think about it is, how many other chances you gonna have to own a 67 Cuda??
72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

72GTO,
I hope you did some research prior to having a local shop "rehaul" (do you mean rebuild or overhaul, as the two are NOT the same). Building the Pontiac is not "rocket science", but someone familiar with building small block Chevys will ruin the Pontiac. They'll try to make it rev, and then complain it won't, and blocks the rods trying.
Get Jim Hand's new book (I believe I've pointed this out before) "How to Build Max-performance Pontiac V8s". Don't let them start on it without doing the proper research FIRST! If you can't find one of the books, e-mail me, and I'll hook you up. (cvms@cstone.net)

Jim
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
72GTO
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 72GTO Send a message via Yahoo to 72GTO

Hey yes ive talked to these auto technicians... They have worked on Chevy, Pontiac, Ford and foriegn also.. ( think i spelt that right )

I dont wanna make a max-performance car.. i want some power just not a lot.. Im 17 and just want a ncie cool car to drive around but with some power so i can laugh at the lil rice driving around..

But i dont think it would hurt to get book right???
72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 PM   #9
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Having the book will help you help them. Many shops that claim to have Pontiac experience are really making an assumption they are similar to Chevy engines. Grave error!
If you have any specific questions during the build, feel free to e-mail me directly. Pontiacs are my personal "thing", and I've been an engine builder for about 25 years.

Jim
cvms@cstone.net
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #10
Fyter87
AF Regular

I have a 68 Nova, I have big plans for it, but I know nothings going to happen for awhile, as long as I keep it maintained it should be fun. If you really enjoy having your car I would keep it, enless its draning your wallet keeping it insured or something. I would definatly keep it though.
Fyter87 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical