Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > LS400/LS430/Celsior
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Damagedinc
AF Newbie

Transponder Key Programming

My family just bought a 1992 Lexus LS 400 and we have one master key. We ordered another key on eBay to avoid the outrageous prices everywhere else, but I don't know how to program it and I don't have the original code. Can anyone who knows how to do this help?? Thanks!

I also have a similar problem with a Honda Civic. If you can help with this one too, please do so. Thanks!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...09#post6065309
Damagedinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
carrofrio
AF Newbie

Re: Transponder Key Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damagedinc View Post
My family just bought a 1992 Lexus LS 400 and we have one master key. We ordered another key on eBay to avoid the outrageous prices everywhere else, but I don't know how to program it and I don't have the original code. Can anyone who knows how to do this help?? Thanks!

I also have a similar problem with a Honda Civic. If you can help with this one too, please do so. Thanks!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...09#post6065309
1992 LS400 does not have a transponder system. It is high security key or what is known as laser cut and what it has is a button on the side of the key to open and close the doors. If that's what you mean, you can't do to much. You need to replace the module and when you buy it new, it comes with 2 keys that you would need to have a locksmith duplicate for you.

What year is the honda?

Hope it helps
carrofrio is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > LS400/LS430/Celsior