Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
Shunter2402

Alex Zanardi Target Ganassi Indy Car

Here is one i started sometime ago and have pulled out of the cupboard seeing the wet days have unfortunately arrived here now...These are great kits and a joy to build and really add some colour to the display cabinet.

Shunter2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #2
Shunter2402

Re: Alex Zanardi Target Ganassi Indy Car

Paint is on, this is Tamiya TS8 Italian Red and i really do like this colour....I have used it enough of late...lol.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:02 AM   #3
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

Being a great fan of our Alex also I have this nice model. I remember Alex himself had a trivia about revell box, cause on the boxart there was only markings for Brian herta car, and just opening the box u find the decals for that Italian pilot. He found it himself buying the box during that legendary weekend in Laguna seca after that incredible race he did.

Nice one really. I don’t dare to start mine

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
Shunter2402

Decals are going on, this is Michael's sheet that covers this car as i had nothing but issues with the kit decals, i have to say they are excellent as usual. Look forward to these going on and then hitting this with 2K to bring on a great shine and depth to the markings.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:13 AM   #5
Shunter2402

Yes a good break the weather along with some good heat...
So while doing the decals i pulled out the resin engine and got to painting this...It is a great looking unit and should help set this off. Started with flat black and then did the red valve covers, and now i have been playing with colours and adding some highlights with paint.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #6
360spider
AF Moderator

Looks good. I would have removed the molded in wires and replaced with real ones for additional effect. But I know its easy to type, and not always easy to actually do what I'm suggesting! Carry on.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:52 AM   #7
Shunter2402

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360spider View Post
Looks good. I would have removed the molded in wires and replaced with real ones for additional effect. But I know its easy to type, and not always easy to actually do what I'm suggesting! Carry on.
I appreciate the thoughts but when you see this with the side pods in place, you can’t really see much. Even the details on the valve covers will only be just visible.. It certainly crossed y mind but I thought not worth the extra effort.
Thanks for the comment.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #8
Shunter2402

So i could not resist doing another mock up just to check on the fit and also i just like looking at the model in all its glory. Kevin Kuzman has been a great help in assisting with pointers to get the engine cover to sit better in this build. My only problem now is getting the suspension arms back on, it is almost like they have shrunk since being cut off...oh the joys of building.
So what i have done is sanded down the firewall around the top, this has allowed the fit into the tub area easier, i also grown down the back to get this to sit more snub to the sides of the tub. I also cut the tab off the back of the engine as per Kevin's comments.
So i just need to get the suspension arms back on and then a couple of decals and this will be done...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports