Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
mattjw
AF Newbie

Mclaren F1/P11 re-design, i need YOUR answers!

I am currently working on my final Car Design degree project in my 4th year at Coventry Uni, and I am designing a spiritual successor to the Mclaren f1. A car with the spirit, character and design cues of the F1 but not necessarily its replacement.

I would greatly appreciate it if some of you could let me know what you think of the P11 concept Mclaren have produced, and also what features of the F1 are worth keeping? If you could answer a few of the questions below as well that would be incredibly helpful to me!

- What do you think of the P11’s design? Do you think this is a worthy car to follow on where the F1 left in terms of appearance?

- What do you think of the 2 seater layout of the P11? The original Mclaren featured a central driving position with 2 passengers either side, is this driver orientated layout something that should be continued?

- The P11’s potential Mercedes V8 engine produces less power than the original F1’s BMW v12, and the F1 was formerly the worlds fastest production car both in a straight line and around a track. Should a new Mclaren at least match its former model for performance or are the P11’s lesser 0-60 times and top speed still more than enough?

- The Interior of the F1 was very basic and lightweight for obvious reasons, but should a new Mclaren interior be slightly more luxury and prestigious similar to its jaguar / Aston martin / Ferrari potential competitors?

- What level of Computer assistance should be provided to the driver? Should it be the basics like ABS and traction control, or should it be more like the Nissan GTR with numerous varied settings so you can setup the car for all road conditions?

Thanks in advance for your input guys!
mattjw is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > General Discussion