Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe > Z-Cars Problem Diagnosis
Z-Cars Problem Diagnosis Got a problem? One of our members can help!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
Elibassett
AF Newbie

Transmission Help

Hello, so basically i have a 2016 NISSAN 370Z SPORT, Manual 6-speed Transmission. So the other day my car slipped in 3rd gear and then after that, i started to hear a crackling noise and burning smell, It almost felt like something was shattered. I pulled over to the side of the road and my car wont move. It revs and goes into each gear without having to push in the clutch, it doesn't stall out even if it's in 6th gear. What's wrong.
Elibassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:03 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Transmission Help

Cracked/broken flywheel, broken input shaft, destroyed clutch. Any of those could be the cause. No matter what you're going to have to pull the transmission to do a proper diagnosis.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
problems , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe > Z-Cars Problem Diagnosis