Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Are you a BMW street racer ?
Yes, I am a BMW street racer. 42 50.00%
No, I am not a BMW street racer. 21 25.00%
I have a BMW and only enjoy watching street racing. 10 11.90%
I hate street racing. 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to evo2885
Are you a BMW street racer ?

Sup???

Anyway, I was driving my BMW last night and this guy wanted to race me and so I agreed. I won but then it got me realizing and really wondering "If there are any BMW street racers out there ?"

PEACE!!!!:smoker2: :grey: :sun: :bandit:
Old 02-24-2003, 01:36 AM   #2
badboy325is
AF Newbie

bmw street racing

i have owned my car for nearly three years, and in that time ive had a few run ins with other cars. me and my car have devoured many civics and accords, not to mention a schmorgusborg of v6 camaros and mustangs. i have also raced gt mustangs and older v8 camaros. what i have found is that what my car may lack it raw power it more than makes up with the greatest handling i have ever seen. in the times that i have raced, before the race, other than for the appearance of my car it gets no respect. everyone has this misconception that bmw is a yuppie car that has no power and cant handle. atleast people outside of the bmw circle feel this way however after handing owners their cars ass they seem to have a little more respect. one day one of my friends was in his firebird, and he did this weak little donut, and it was weak, but he was so proud of his little marks that he left that he started talking shit. im not usually one to show off or beat my car but i couldnt resist. i turned off the traction control, revved up to five grand and dumped my clutch. by the time i shifted to third and was still doing donuts the smoke was turning yellow. this just demonstrates how powerful beemers really are.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:15 PM   #3
318ti
AF Newbie

Just watch out for Porsches.

They'll eat your lunch on the twisties. Especially those oversteering 911's with a driver who knows how to accelerate through turns.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:42 AM   #4
Celsdogg
AF Regular

i hate to admit it but i am a street racer too. part of me thinks its stupid, but the other part cant resist. i mean how can u with so much power under your foot? i only drive a 1991 E30 325i in stock form with 168hp and 164 lb/ft torque. in my area people love to pimp out there honda's and little trucks. what is even worse is that they modify cavaliers as well. anytime i got to the red light next to them i just punch it when it goes green and eat them up. and these people always think they are all that and have no respect for a bimmer. once i burned someone so bad they had to turn into the goodwill!

i want to try and get an E46 M3 so i can eat up some camaro's and mustangs. . .
Old 02-27-2003, 09:39 AM   #5
Ringo
Banned

Well, I used to be one, but now as they say, I'm too old for this shit.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:15 PM   #6
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
What on earth did you beat with an '85 318?
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Old 03-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #7
1ofthesedays
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 1ofthesedays
i know a street racer with a blown m3....does 12's at the track.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:04 PM   #8
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Hey Fliquer !!!

Have you ever heard of engine swaps, I swapped my engine 2 months ago!!! I swapped it with a 1995 M3!!! Its running really strong!!! Have a turbo kit too. My car is a total sleeper so you better watch out. I might come up to N.C. and smoke you!!!
And so far I've beaten a Toyota Celica GTS, Ford Mustang GT V8, a totally tuned Audi A4 1.8T and a totally tuned Acura Integra which was the best race cuz I totally smoked the rice boys car as if there were no tomorrow!!!

Old 03-17-2003, 08:05 AM   #9
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
street racing is silly
people who want to race should go to race tracks!
i totally enjoy my 3 bmw´s and also like to drive fast (yea .. no speed limit you know) but never do a race.
if i race i go to nurburgring or hockenheimring...
Old 03-19-2003, 07:23 AM   #10
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Re: Are you a BMW street racer ?

Quote:
Originally posted by evo2885
Hey Fliquer !!!

Have you ever heard of engine swaps, I swapped my engine 2 months ago!!! I swapped it with a 1995 M3!!! Its running really strong!!! Have a turbo kit too. My car is a total sleeper so you better watch out. I might come up to N.C. and smoke you!!!
And so far I've beaten a Toyota Celica GTS, Ford Mustang GT V8, a totally tuned Audi A4 1.8T and a totally tuned Acura Integra which was the best race cuz I totally smoked the rice boys car as if there were no tomorrow!!!

How much hp are you running through that 2200 pound car?

One time I took a corner really fast to make a light and all of the sudden this kid with a crooked baseball cap came up allong side me. At the next light we both stopped and he quept looking at me and reving his really loud car at really high rpm. I revved mine at 2000 rpm because mine only revs to 4500. The light changed and I just went, his car made so much noise that I couldn't hear or feel if I had traction or not. He made this thudding noise and his tires really smoked and he passed me at the begining like 20 feet and at 300 feet he was really ahead until this huge cloud of white smoke just blew from the engine bay. I'm not sure he blew his motor because there wasn't smoke from his exhaust, maybe his fan hit the hoses? I passed him doing 50, that was the first time I beat a modifyed car with my stock one. Most of the time I beat my friend with his Bonneville, and my brother in law's Taurus. My favorite place to race is this straightish on ramp and is pretty long and there are no side streets and it is safe to screw around. But I totally agree that street racing is silly.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #11
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Hey!!!

I'm running 350 HP @ 6000 rpm and 365 lbs of Torque @ 4000 rpm.
I can do the quarter mile in about 14.5-15 seconds do to the car's heavy a** body!!!
I'm gonna try to take out some parts like the hood, the rear seats and maybe get a custom install with better Subwoofers and Amps!!! But this car has completely become a show car. When I drive it, it has the worst ride quality only if there are a few pot holes or little bumps in the road.
But that's the price you have to pay for tuning a show car!!!!!
And now for my commuter, I'm thinkin' about gettin' a 2003 VW Golf GTi VR6.

Old 03-19-2003, 11:52 AM   #12
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by evo2885

I'm running 350 HP @ 6000 rpm and 365 lbs of Torque @ 4000 rpm.
I can do the quarter mile in about 14.5-15 seconds do to the car's heavy a** body!!!
Holly $#!*, 350hp?!?! But don't 85 318's weigh about 2200 pounds stock? My 5 series weighs 2600 to 2800 pounds and its a big sedan with 4 doors. Put some pictures up so we can all enjoy.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:18 PM   #13
tomlong
AF Enthusiast

About a week or two ago I was driving back from a company banquet at 1A.M. I was on Route 50 between Washington D.C. and Annapolis, MD. I was cruising along at 80-85 when an Audi S6 pulled up next to me and than took off. After contemplating for a quick second I dropped it into fourth and took off shifted into 5th at 120 and blew right by him. After shifting into 6th I looked down at the speedo and noticed I was going over 150. I backed down to about 110 and he came past me again. This time I showed him who his daddy was. I pulled up next to him at about 120-125 and took off. I kept the car floored for about 3 minutes while I watched him gradually disappear in the rear view mirror. I didn't see him again.

I also had some guy in a chevy lumina try to race me the other day. We were heading through a small town racing from stoplight to stoplight(of course it was not close). We reached the end of town where there is a 1 mile long bridge. We took off from the light and he tried to keep up about half way across the bridge he was 25 car lengths or so back, and by the time I reached the end of the bridge he was not even half way across. I slowed down on the other side of the bridge figuring he gave up and also knowing that there are often speed traps in the next mile or so. Well by the time I got to where the cops usually sit I see this guy charging up behind me. I than proceeded to dust his ass.

I love driving fast. I drive 200+ miles a day for work on rural highways with not many cars and know where every cop will be if he is out. So I tend to drive a little faster than reasonable, but this is why I bought the car to begin with otherwise I could have bought another honda.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:05 PM   #14
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

OMG!!!

I really wish I could put up some pics but I don't have a digital camera. But I'll describe to you my car. Its the best I can do.

Exterior:
-Painted in a Blue Metallic Finish
-Debagded Trunk (I took off the 318I sign)
-17 inch Konig Imagine Wheels
-Wings West E30 Wing
-And a huge a** dent because I did some drifting
-AND I haven't found a body kit yet so any info on body kits for the 1985 318I would be greatfully appreciated
Interior:
-Custom made bucket seats (black/grey)
-Weapon R (black) 4 Point Racing Harnesses
-Momo Shift knob (black leather/grey)
-Matching steering wheel (black/grey)
Sound System:
-Sony Xplod System:
-Xplod Component Speakers in Front
-Xplod Coaxial Speakers in Back
-2 12 inch Xplod Aluminized Subwoofers
-3 Xplod Amps(2 Mono Amps and 1 Channel Amp)
Performance:
-1995 BMW M3 Engine Swap!!!!!
-Generation 3 Turbo Kit
-Eibach Pro Kit Springs (my drop was 2.5 inches front and 2 inches back)
-H&R Sport Shocks (but now its 2 inches front and 1.5 inches back)

Sorry best I could Do!!! I'll try to get a Digital Camera!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:46 PM   #15
tomlong
AF Enthusiast

Damn EVO you definately have spent some time and cash on your ride. Where in Maryland are you from?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series