Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 03:14 AM   #1
donato91
AF Newbie

Question '91 Legend LS Coupe - What's this "keyhole" for?

I don't have a manual yet- this is on the dash about 3 inches left of steering column. It's like the one by the shift (auto) that frees the gearshift.
I used that one removing stereo for service. (stereo works great now!) I'd rather ask other Legend lovers than call the dealer who found close to $2k to repair every other time I had maintenance done when I took my Bahama Gold '88 L Coupe in, they "took me in!" I don't have any photos yet, but this Pearl White '91 LS Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. No sign of the dreaded BHG and she's got 163k. Had 160k when I got her late last year. I've searched the thousand-plus page pdf file, no luck.
Somebody please tell me what that little horizontal slot is used for. It's spring loaded- I started a key in a tiny bit- but thought,"don't ram that key in there, idiot, ya don't know what it might screw up!" Hope someone knows this feature. Legend, long may you run! Thanks!
donato91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
StavenKnight
AF Newbie

Re: '91 Legend LS Coupe - What's this "keyhole" for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato91
I don't have a manual yet- this is on the dash about 3 inches left of steering column. It's like the one by the shift (auto) that frees the gearshift.
I used that one removing stereo for service. (stereo works great now!) I'd rather ask other Legend lovers than call the dealer who found close to $2k to repair every other time I had maintenance done when I took my Bahama Gold '88 L Coupe in, they "took me in!" I don't have any photos yet, but this Pearl White '91 LS Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. No sign of the dreaded BHG and she's got 163k. Had 160k when I got her late last year. I've searched the thousand-plus page pdf file, no luck.
Somebody please tell me what that little horizontal slot is used for. It's spring loaded- I started a key in a tiny bit- but thought,"don't ram that key in there, idiot, ya don't know what it might screw up!" Hope someone knows this feature. Legend, long may you run! Thanks!
It's for resetting the maintenance required light. Evidently every 7500 miles or so, the "light" cycles from red to green (or something like that). So you just stick the key in there and it resets.
StavenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Sandbar5
AF Newbie

Smile Re: '91 Legend LS Coupe - What's this "keyhole" for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato91
Yes! it resets your maintence indicator on the dash from red to green! Good luck!
Sandbar5 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL