Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
mfarzin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mfarzin
Question New H1 Bulbs not working right?

I've been having trouble lately with my headlights. First, I bought 4 H1 55w "Highest Quality Super Bright Extreme White 6000K Xenon Gas Filled" bulbs off ebay, 2 for the low beams and 2 for high beams(I have a 99 Civic EX with projector headlights that use H1 bulbs). I installed the lights, and they looked no where NEAR the pictures on the ebay listing. They looked pretty much stock. The high beams look a little bit different (a little blueish), but the low beams look the same. I thought that maybe they dont look good because it's a no name brand off ebay, so I went ahead and ordered two Philips Blue Vision 4000K 55w H1 bulbs for the low beams. Here's part of the description: "These lights offer executive styling and create a distinct blue light. Compatible with all headlight lens components. Made from quartz glass. UltraBlue emitting 4000 Kelvin colour temperature." However, when I installed them, they still look no different. Still not even CLOSE to the descriptions/pictures. Even the no-name ebay bulbs that are still in my high beams are blue-er than these Philips Blue Visions. I'm confused on whether I just keep buying crappy headlights, or does it have to do with my wiring or something? Any help would be appreciated.
mfarzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
Here's a good read on the subject,

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=298500

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting