Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
drive in
AF Newbie

How Many Miles On Your Aerostar??????

with proper care and maintenance how many miles can be expected out of a AeroStar?????
drive in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec
Re: How Many Miles On Your Aerostar??????

my moms has ~128,000 and has 0 problems what so ever, its a 4.0L/awd

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
truckdude239
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to truckdude239

i have 110k on mine already had one rebuilt trans new tierods heater hoses 4 powerwindow motors 1 sideing door tracks 4 sets of brakes 2 radios 2 rotors and alot of of cuss words
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
IbenTruitt
AF Newbie

Red face Re: How Many Miles On Your Aerostar??????

I sold my 1991 Areostar 3.0L 7 Pass with 206,xxx miles on it last year. I saw it recently and know it's still going. It never gave me any trouble.

I have a 1997 with 187,xxx miles on it now. It runs like new. I don't drive it much now and the sitting around is as hard on it as driving it. I had to replace the rack and pinion on it so it would pass the safety inspection last summer. That's about as much as I ever did to it. It needs new plugs and a transmission flush when I get around to it.
IbenTruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
pennypicher
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to pennypicher

Ok so I have a few. 378,000 It's a 96 and ya it's almost all hiway but still it's a lot. New tranny @ 220K and the other minor stuff. Tires get bout 80-100K with out rotation and they still have great traed. Go Michellin.
Now for the sad news. I can't get a good sticker cause of a faulty emmission test. But still get 18mpg so what's wrong??? But the front end is wicked loose and too costly to repair.
So would I buy another???? iN A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!
pennypicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
occupant
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to occupant Send a message via AIM to occupant Send a message via Yahoo to occupant

I bought mine with a bad transmission at 142K. Put 25K on it in six months, changed jobs, and put 9K on it since. So I'm pushing 176K. It has many annoying problems, and I've repaired a lot of things (heater core, plugs/wires, cap/rotor, rack&pinion, u-joints, muffler/tailpipe, rear shocks, battery, starter, solenoid, battery cables, and front brakes) but it's all stuff the first owner neglected.

I know I can get in the van and drive anywhere. Uses a quart of oil per 800 miles or so, leaks water from the water pump seal, ignition switch no longer starts the van, front seats are crap and the middle and rear are long gone (I use it for cargo), has a broken vent window, disintegrated rear bumper, bald tires, and the passenger power window doesn't work.

Those things will get fixed eventually, I guess. The water pump first. Then the keyswitch, then windows, then cosmetic stuff and seats. But for now I use it as a mobile storage shed for all the crap I need for work. It's full, front to back, side to side, top to bottom. There's enough room for me to sit in the seat to drive it, but I can't see anything except my left outside mirror and through the windshield.
occupant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
edgehollow
AF Newbie

230K and tranny just went out. Ran fine w/a few quirks before that.
edgehollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #8
Joylove
AF Newbie

I purchased my 95 last year in Jan was 162, and now is 172,

Run very well only have one problem the other night the Flex exhaust broke off and was ditach from the Mufler.

The flex uxhaust was really rusty other than that I like my aerostar:
Joylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
Hwym@n
AF Newbie

I have 223000 kilometers/138565 miles on mine. It is an 1993 and still running strong. The only problem ive had with mine is that I had to replace the rear end, and my power steering needs replacing now.
This has been a very decent vehicle and has been very cost effective of a vehicle for me to maintain, it just keeps running strong.
Hwym@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:29 AM   #10
blinxpro
AF Newbie

My '93 has 230,000! Incredible engine. Still has plenty of power. Majorly abused. Nothing rebuilt.

I haven't had any major problems until now. Both of my front CV axles went bad one broke the other was poping on turns.

My transfercase E4WD keeps kicking in while I'm on the freeway 55-70 MPH I can't figure out why.
blinxpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
GregLit
AF Newbie

Smile Re: How Many Miles On Your Aerostar??????

Mine has 170,000 on it a 93 with a 4.0. Replaced the tranny @ 140,000 My fault though. Towing a truck behind me for 4,000 miles. Guess i burned up the gaskets. Otherwise it runs fine. A few minor problems once in awhile I will get a Injector flashback that blows the vacuume lines off, but i have learned to put the back on easily enough.
Bought my wife a 94 with a 3.0 and it runs fine but the power windows won't work now and the readio went out on it. HEE Hee i will fix it for her one day. <Maybe>
Greg
GregLit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #12
Chief Wiggim
AF Newbie

My Father just bought a 1995 for only $250.00!! It only has 92,000 miles. It needed some body work and brakes and shocks. They got it on the road and looks new again. He couldnt pass up the price. My frined has a Ford ranger pickup with just over 300,000 miles. No major work yet!! And hes still running it. My brother has a Bronco II with around 280,000 miles. Had to replace the tranny and transfer.
Chief Wiggim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
pennypicher
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to pennypicher

It's now up to 386,000 miles. Will I hit 400K ????? I really don't think so??? Oh how sad I wish it would.
pennypicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #14
boogerman
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to boogerman
Question Re: How Many Miles On Your Aerostar??????

I have 145,000 on a rebuild 1990 Aerostar XLT( Frankenstein model) Runs great,passenger side power window quit,random check engine light every so often,but it goes out at highway speed(vacuum leak?) 7 passenger 3.0 L engine, Cheap on fuel.
I had a 1995 Blazer and will never own another one again.
I need a wiring and vacuum hose diagram to finish fixing this beast up.
This van is my work vehicle and I work at a coal mine, so the roads ain't the best you ever seen.
The factory stereo (with Equalizer) works great.I use a portable CD/mp3 cd player instead of the cassette.
I'm new here.
Any ideas??

boogerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:35 AM   #15
stamar
AF Regular

i had a 91 cargo aerostar wit 4.0

worst car i ever owned.

transmission failure and head gasket belw up before 100k miles

the good story was that someone in a bmw ran into it when it was broken down on the side of the freeway and i got an insurance settlement

thats the only good thing i have to say about the things. my dodge v8 full size gets better mpg or similar and is huge.

im always amazed when i see some still goin strong cause mine was such a loser. the 91 model is one of consumer reports least reliable vehicles ever recorded. beaten only by the chevy lumina

i mean it takes some special engineering to have all the stuff break down at once like the one i had i ended up laughing at the stupid thing. i think it was around 95k miles.
stamar is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar