Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Swift
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
msdagiya
AF Newbie

Suzuki swift plus

Hi,

I am new to the forums and want some help. I bought this car(suzuki swift +) for $2700 and just one after I bought it I realized there is smoke coming out of left side of my engine. So I googled it to see what could be wrong with it. It turned out that there could be a lot of things wrong. I checked with mechanic and he said my gasket is cracked and the oil is leaking from there and touching the hot engine that's why its smoking. I found that it costs 1000 dollars to fix this problem and this is just too much for me. I am better of selling it and now no body wants to buy it with the problem so I am stuck. I am now trying to fix the problem my self. first of all how many types of gaskets are there in engine. how do I know which one to replace or which one is cracked or even how do I know that my gasket is blown. I saw a few things online and thta didn't help to figure that out. I read that exast will give white smoke if gasket is blown. but my exaust doesnt give any smoke. does that mean my gasket is not blown? but I read some where if your coolant is rusty means gasket is blown. I checked my anti freeze and it is brown in color. does that mean the gasket is blown? I also read if smoke is white which is in my case it is white, it means the gasket is blown? but really smoke is not comming any where near is gasket it comes from undeneath where the gasket is located. I looked up on internet to buy a gasket and try to fit it myself. it costs 50 bucks. I can buy some allen key and wrenches and open up the engine and see if the gasket has crack in it. this will tell me for sure that there is a problem with gasket. Please help..otherwise its gonna cost me a fortune.

Also I read that I should fill up my radiator with water. but there is not radiator cap. but there is a fan. does that mean that this car runs only on fan and doesn't take any water.

Last edited by msdagiya; 08-12-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: there are two types of gaskets cylinder head gasket and conversion gasket which one should i buy
msdagiya is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Swift