Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
coreman30
AF Newbie

tcc solenoid problem 95 k1500 4l60E

1995 k1500 350 5.7 V8. 4l60e....My tranny wont shift into second (only have R and 1st. Manually shifting doesn't work either). Tranny does have power, and all the wires ohmed out just fine. I replaced the shift solenoids, pressure control solenoid, 3-2 downshift (PWM), and the TCC/PWM solenoid. I tried driving it after replacing these solenoids and it still wouldn't shift into second. I then dropped the pan and found a busted TCC (on/off) solenoid..... My question is: Does the TCC (on/off) Solenoid have anything to do with the tranny shifting into second?
coreman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: tcc solenoid problem 95 k1500 4l60E

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman30 View Post
1995 k1500 350 5.7 V8. 4l60e....My tranny wont shift into second (only have R and 1st. Manually shifting doesn't work either). Tranny does have power, and all the wires ohmed out just fine. I replaced the shift solenoids, pressure control solenoid, 3-2 downshift (PWM), and the TCC/PWM solenoid. I tried driving it after replacing these solenoids and it still wouldn't shift into second. I then dropped the pan and found a busted TCC (on/off) solenoid..... My question is: Does the TCC (on/off) Solenoid have anything to do with the tranny shifting into second?
May depend on how it is buste.
Just not working would no cause no second gear.
Got good reverse and low gear?
Tcc solenoid Losing pressure or shorted out could cause problem.
Is transmission setting any codes or have any slipage?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
coreman30
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-2500 View Post
May depend on how it is buste.
Just not working would no cause no second gear.
Got good reverse and low gear?
Tcc solenoid Losing pressure or shorted out could cause problem.
Is transmission setting any codes or have any slipage?
It has good reverse and good first gear no problems there... As far as the codes go it doesn't read anything, could be because he has sat without power for six months. And not really any slipage but i cant really tell beacuse it only has first; but nothing feels wrong with first........ After dropping the accumulator out I noticed the piston didn't just pop out, and it is almost impossible to remove (i still haven't pulled it out)... is it suppose to come right out or am I doing something wrong? (and does this sound like it could be my problem?)
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

If it is stuck thatcould be your problem.
Try to get it out and reseal or replace it.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Should be two of them in there.
How is the other one?
How is springs and spacer plate?
Check your transmission parts supply on them I think they have updated replacement pistons/seals for them.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
dorfboy
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to dorfboy Send a message via Yahoo to dorfboy

The accumulator piston will be stuck in place in a sense. You should be able to push it down and tranny fluid will spit out, but in order to get it to come out, you will need a blow gun with a rubber tip. You place it on the hole and give a short SMALL burst of air and it will pop out. The seal is really tight and it is made this way. There is no spring under it. The trans fluid pressure is what makes it move up and down. Also, that TCC lock solenoid can cause it not to shift into second gear and beyond. If it is damaged it will not calculate the Torque converter speed in RPMS and tell the tranny when to shift. Replace it and the wiring harness.
dorfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
coreman30
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfboy View Post
The accumulator piston will be stuck in place in a sense. You should be able to push it down and tranny fluid will spit out, but in order to get it to come out, you will need a blow gun with a rubber tip. You place it on the hole and give a short SMALL burst of air and it will pop out. The seal is really tight and it is made this way. There is no spring under it. The trans fluid pressure is what makes it move up and down. Also, that TCC lock solenoid can cause it not to shift into second gear and beyond. If it is damaged it will not calculate the Torque converter speed in RPMS and tell the tranny when to shift. Replace it and the wiring harness.
yea i was able to push the piston down and tran fluid shot right out.... thanks for the tip on how to remove the piston, ill give it a shot....... and thanks a ton for the tcc explanation, i'm almost positive theres nothing wrong with the metals in the tranny just something wrong with the valve body, that info on the tcc is really helpful (money is tight and im trying to decide what should be on the top of the list to buy first.)...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
shifting , solenoid , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K