Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:37 PM   #76
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Joseph1082
Re: Relating Cars to cultures (US - Jap - Europe)

Ok, as of now, the Chinese market economy is still in infancy. It's domestic Market is no where near the USDM. One of the Euro=project's aims was to set up a new market, the Eurozone, that can no challenge the USDM, and so the Euro challenges the dollar, Y, because the currency a producer accepts for their goods will be that of the largest customer base. Where is the Yuan??? USDM is still the largest, I failed to mention earlier the size is no simply measured in numbers (popualtion) but also in purchasing power!
Joseph1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:18 PM   #77
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: Re: Relating Cars to cultures (US - Jap - Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1082
Neutrino... what don't you want me to utter?
You must be Mad, last time I checked, China wasn't a capitalist country which means it's whole 1.1 billion potential consumers do NOT make up what we would consider a free market.

I must be mad, how interesting, i could swear my Major's focus is international markets and a statement like this:

Quote:
Ok, in case you didn't know, there is no East Asian domestic Markets yet... but as of NOW there is no Chinese Domestic Market.
would get you laughed out of any of my international business or macro economics classes.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:47 AM   #78
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

isn't the u.s dollar the highest used currency because of the enormous amount of it exchanging hands in russia, independent of american (business/market) involvement...?

i recall hearing something about there being more u.s dollars in russia than in the u.s.
can someone confirm/deny this?
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:40 AM   #79
christophv
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
And before anyone says it's simply due to cheap labour, don't make a fool of yourself.
well, there are many companies moving their production to china because of this. And of course a chinese car assembler is lower paid than a german one, for example.
this is pretty bad for the geman economy, it's simply not possible to produce anything in germany because those dumbasses want more money and work less.

I think another reason why China's market will explode even more is the reason that the people of a "rising nation" feel the need of goods like big cars -
It's quite the opposite in Germany right now, everybody wants little, cheap, economic cars. (excluding me )

A quite similar effect can be seen in the USDM, there weren't major changes in the US economy for 30 years now, right? (excluding Bush-era)
Maybe that's a reason why cars haven't changed much since then (referring to the same old V8 and chassis technology now)?

cu

edit: I know that the upper class in Moscow (and there's a very very upper class, 39 billionaires in Moscow!!) only pays with Dollars.
There's a lot lot lot poverty in Russia, but Moscow is said to be the second or third most expensive city in the world, behind Tokyo and London)

cu

still searching for a decent dorifto device
"If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, is Honda Motorsports then HOMO?"
christophv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:39 PM   #80
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

Yo, Neutrino, you keep starting w/ me, and I beg to differ I'll never get laughed out of any class I am in.
So you are going to tell me China is a completely Free-market economy? Ok... what about the other future powerhouse... India, Oh yea, there's a huge Indian Domestic Market overshadowing the USDM and devaluating the dollar vs. their native currency... ah, none of this has happened yet. I meam, I'm not stupid, I read on items where it says... "made it China" yes, China has opened up, ever heard the sying "only Nixon could go to China". But, as I originally said, USDM is the BIGGEST market, and yes, this is a fact. People in the far reaches of China (not the more open east coast) do not have the luxury of malls and 7-11s down every block, not yet.
And the Dollar is today what the Pound-Sterling was a hundred years ago, the international currency... nations keep their reserves in dollars and conduct international exchanges w/ them. The Euro is an attempt to challenge this.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #81
christophv
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
7-11s down every block, not yet.
yup, 7-11 the sign you made it!

like Vincent Vega said in Pulp Fiction: They have the same shit like over here, but there are these little differences.

cu

still searching for a decent dorifto device
"If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, is Honda Motorsports then HOMO?"
christophv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #82
V8slayer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
People in the far reaches of China (not the more open east coast) do not have the luxury of malls and 7-11s down every block, not yet.
What does that matter? You don't seem to understand that the only markets important in China are the big cities. The peasant population in rural China won't be able to afford cars for decades. And no one is targeting them. They're dead weight for now but useful slave labour in the future when China's own industry is more developed. City people make about 10 times what villagers make. So chinese industry won't have to set up production lines overseas.

I'm from Shanghai and I go back at least three times a year. And it has three convenience stores every block, huge supermarkets and everything money can buy (no free speech but the locals don't seem to care). It's exactly what the communists used to describe as a decadent, decayed capitalist society.

And I have to say, the streets and parking availability doesn't allow too many big cars. So I'm glad they've gone more European in their tastes. As in VW, Audi, BMW, Peugeot. No Viper, Mustang, Dodge Ram, Corvette. So the theory that developing countries want big cars, not entirely accurate. The company bosses want big cars but they prefer Merc's and BMW's. Not Lincolns. The masses certainly prefer European and Japanese cars to American cars.
V8slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #83
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

Aw, exactly... you have just supported my point... I've been saying that USDM is the LARGEST market for goods in the World. There are two countries, India and China, that have larger populations and therefore potential to be larger markets, but, as I was pointing out, China in particular does not yet have a completely free-market economy, as stated by you, far reaches of china have not yet recieved a market economy yet, and China as a whole is not one big market, and cannot rival the USDM, not yet anyway.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:11 AM   #84
elmnts of trnce
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to elmnts of trnce
wow this thread is interesting to read
Old 07-17-2004, 07:54 PM   #85
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

um, should i mention how much of u.s spending (by the everyday man) is on credit compared to that in china?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #86
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

what does that have to do w/ anything?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:41 AM   #87
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

credit...as in money you don't have.
the u.s market is 'inflated'.
people are sold things on credit and not all of them actually have the means to pay.

the same is happening in the u.k.
people are able to get credit more and more easily.
they easily owe £20-30,000 in credit.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #88
skorpionbite
Banned

My outmost regards to the European carmakers who exceed worldwide expectations in terms of performance, build quality and driving enjoyment.

Congratulations to the Japanese automakers for building efficient, reliable cars for a lower price.

I applaud American designers for designing cheap cars which lose value faster than a bicycle does and for applying high import taxation for the above two categories so that their cars seem more attractive.
skorpionbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:17 PM   #89
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

Ok, I uderstand, but a lot of the money borowed is from within the country anyway, so it is a moot point, we still have the most money. The post above me is reason Y I have to sit here and praise America, stupid comments like that.
Need I remind anyone that GM is the Largest corporation in the World, Ford is most certainly up there as well.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:54 PM   #90
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

not quite the most money....
as i pointed out, it is said that there is more u.s dollars in moscow than in the united states.....
what that means is that the figures the u.s finance guys give you relating to the amount of dollars is 'false' as it doesn't take into account the amount of cash outside of the country.

admittedly, half of a hell of a lot is still a hell of a lot
but i'm just pointing out that things are never as simple and as clear cut as the numbers show.

you discount the possibility of china ever being a bigger market than the u.s but in the last two/three years since the chinese car market has quadrupled.
it is estimated that in the next year or so, china will stand as the worlds 4th largest car buying nation.
bear in mind that is all happening within the space of 5/6 years and only looking at the car markets.
saying the same thing another way for a different perspective.
in 5/6 years, the chinese car buying market has reached almost half the size of the u.s car market.
that is phenomenal growth and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon (based on trends in other markets).

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons