Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Legacy / Liberty / Baja
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
Batman1984
AF Newbie

Bought a 90 Leg L, several questions

yes ive searched before you flame me :P

1) When I start it, the POWER light flashes, is this a code, or will I need to use the surreal image method to get the codes out to find out what it means?

2) I have a clunking in the rear end, not sure if it's anything important or not, doesn't bother me though.

3) When i shift into any gear (except N) it makes a noise like a loud groaning, I was thinking possibly the E-Brake, it seems like it is holding the rear end only. not sure if the e brake does front and back or just one.

4) I am having an issue with the driver side door lock, I will stick my key in and it will either spin around, or won't turn at all, and when I try to lock it from the inside (power locks) it feels like it doesn't catch properly and sure enough it doesnt.

5) the rear passenger side door, when i try to open it from the outside it locks its self. i tried changing the child safety lock and stil same thing each way. any advice?

thanks for any help provided, ill be frequenting this forum now that i have a car

:edit:
6) I used that website to recover the number 12 code from the TCU, which is "Duty solenoid B". now what is that and how do i fix it?

Last edited by Batman1984; 08-01-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Batman1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
dannyh
AF Newbie

Re: Bought a 90 Leg L, several questions

The best thing to do would be to buy a repair manual, ie Chilton's or Hayne's. As far as the door locking when you shut it: I had the same problem with my '91. They problem was inside the door. One of the rods had slipped out of place, therefore there was no tension to keep the lock open. I had to replace the entire dore handle, as you can not get parts for them. I had to go to a salvage yard to buy a used one. A new one from the dealership will cost you your left kidney. Good luck.
-Dannyh
Old 07-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
jrp1978
AF Newbie

Re: Bought a 90 Leg L, several questions

Hey, I've been reading through my owner's manual recently, for my 90 subaru and apparently if the power light flashes for about 8 seconds after you turn on the car like you are describing, it means there's a problem with the "transmission control system" which might explain your shifting problems as well? Just wanted to give you that limited info good luck!

-J
jrp1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Legacy / Liberty / Baja