Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > SLR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
hockeygod2787
Banned

Send a message via MSN to hockeygod2787
Brabus SLR mcLaren

Hey guys, i just found this pic of the new Brabus SLR mcLaren.... i'd like to share it, i think its the definition of a 100% beauty! what do u guys think about it?

hockeygod2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
iranintoavan
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to iranintoavan
Re: Brabus SLR mcLaren

Yes it definatly is, I love the rims on it especially.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
KustmAce
Grande Boleros de Fuego

Its very cool. But has nothing to do with Graphic Manipulation.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
CashMoneyInd
AF Regular

I dont think it is his fault it's in the wrong forum. Someone moved it here.
CashMoneyInd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
Looks like they just changed the wheels. Which is stupid because the factory wheels are essential to the aerodynamics of the car. Each wheel is specific to its location and is designed to suck air out from underneath the vehicle and into the brakes. I guess Brabus didn't think about that...
Old 03-28-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
I don't think this was worth making. The SLR has good enough performance. When you only shave off a few tenths of a second on the 0-60, whats the point?

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #7
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Sorry for opening a two month old post but I didn’t see the photo a the top. Here is what it say's on the Brabus web site about what they do. I think that It show's how good it came from Mercedes-Benz and McLaren.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren is one of the world's most fascinating sports cars. Following their credo that the best is just good enough for BRABUS the engineers and designers at BRABUS (Brabus-Allee, D-46240 Bottrop, phone + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777-0, fax + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777 111, Internet www.brabus.com) have developed an exclusive sport program for the two-seater. It lets owners of the top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz models further individualize their vehicles.

BRABUS equips the SLR with a special self-locking differential. Its 40 percent locking rate further optimizes the super sports car's traction and thus further improves acceleration.

In BRABUS Racing version with performance-improving fuel cooling, custom camshafts and an open racing exhausts system maximum power output of the supercharged V8 engine increases to 660 hp / 486 kW at 6,500 rpm. The exhaust system is not certified for use on public roads. Thus equipped the SLR storms to 100 km/h from rest in just 3.6 seconds and reaches a top speed of up to 340 km/h.

BRABUS further offers professional modifications to body, suspension and interior that further amplify the sports talents of the SLR.

For further improved directional stability at high speeds the BRABUS designers developed a new spoiler for the front air dam. The exposed-carbon aerodynamic-enhancement part reduces lift on the front axle and adds another shot of racing looks. The rear diffuser is also made from exposed carbon.

The multi-piece BRABUS Monoblock VI 20-inch light-alloy wheels with six double spokes command immediate attention. The fully polished wheels in size 9.5Jx20 in front and in size 11.5Jx20 on the rear axle fill out the available space below the wheel arches perfectly.

BRABUS chose high-performance tires in sizes 255/30 ZR 20 and 305/25 ZR 20 as the optimal solution. The conversion to the BRABUS 20-inch tire/wheel combination gives the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren even more dynamic handling prowess.

BRABUS also adds new sporty and exclusive highlights in the interior. The company-own upholstery shop created a BRABUS interior from an exclusive black and red combination of leather and Alcantara, perfectly crafted down to the last detail. The waffle-design stitching of the SLR leather floor is especially elaborate and it alone uses 7,800 meters of the finest thread.

For easier entering and exiting BRABUS manufactured a custom BRABUS sport steering wheel with an ergonomically shaped rim that is flat on the bottom. For manual shifting of the SLR's automatic transmission the BRABUS steering wheel features buttons integrated into the spokes.

The BRABUS interior designers developed precise-fit applications for dashboard, center console and door panels, all made from exposed carbon. They extend the BRABUS exterior carbon look into the interior.
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > SLR