Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
linkin0425
AF Newbie

2009 Nissan Versa beeping when shut off

My 2009 Nissan Versa SL started doing something odd today. When I put it in park, turned it off, and removed the key, the car started beeping at me when I opened the driver's side door. I checked everything I could think of that might have set off the alert. The lights were off and all of the other doors were closed. The beeping can be best described as 3 short beeps, followed by a pause, followed by 3 more beeps, etc. and it sounds like the warning for when you leave the lights on. Eventually, the beeping stops. On a related note, I have the doors set to unlock automatically when the car gets turned off. The three times the beeping issue has happened, the doors did not automatically unlock. Could this be a short in the electrical system or could I be missing something else completely?

linkin0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
linkin0425
AF Newbie

Re: 2009 Nissan Versa beeping when shut off

Turns out it was a short in the ignition. The sensor was not detecting that the key was removed, even though it was. I had to take it in to have them do the warranty work.
linkin0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
aubrie
AF Newbie

Re: 2009 Nissan Versa beeping when shut off

Good to know. My 2010 started doing this in the last few days. I will take it in to the dealership.
aubrie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza