Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Corey170
AF Newbie

car not starting

decided to put this thread in here because tech doesnt get much reads...

When i try to start my car it sometimes wont start. the motor doesnt even turn over I just get a clicking noise and no start. after several tries and ussually about 30 seconds it will eventually start. doesnt sound like a wiring problem but im thinking possibly the solenoid? anybody got any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
ZilverZilvia
AF Regular

Re: car not starting

It might be a dead battery. It clicks because there isn't enough current to the starter solenoid/motor. OR, if you know the battery is perfect, your deduction is perfect, and it's either the starter solenoid, or starter motor itself.
Check your battery voltage first. It could also be your alternator (not recharging your battery, supplying enough current to the rest of your car while running, draining the battery more...)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX