Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not > I Want Change
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
I Want Change This is your forum if you want to start a petition to change AF for the better.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Post New Format for Getting What You Want Out of AF

Please read this thread very carefully on directions on how to get the changes you want to take place on AF to become a reality.
Various people have posted their reservations since upgrading the software in various spots on the message board which makes it very hard on the administration of this site.

So, if you want to see a change made on AF, here is the format to follow.
In the Hot and Not -> I Want Change forum (where you are currently located), start a new topic with the beginning title of IWC: which stands for "I Want Change," followed by a short phrase which tells everyone what the change concerns.

For example, if you want to see different colors used on the message board, you would start a new thread in this forum with the title of "IWC: Colors on the forum."

Next, explain in as much details as possible what exactly you want to see changed in the body of your post with screenshots, etc. so that everyone will know exactly what you are talking about. To go along with the example given above, I would explain what colors I do not like on AF right now and what colors should be substituted for them. Screenshots and an image editing software would be a great bonus in this kind of case.

Finally, add a poll to your topic asking the members if they agree with your change. Please only have two options as answers : 'Yes, I want this change' and 'No, I do not want this change.'

At the bottom of your post, after describing the desired change in depth, add this line:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW THE PROPOSED CHANGE CAN BE MADE BETTER. START YOUR OWN IWC THREAD IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO FURTHER IMPROVE AF AFTER THIS CHANGE PASSES OR FAILS.

After sufficient amount of feedback is received via the poll, the thread title will be edited to reflect whether it passed or failed by the administration and the change will be made a reality as soon as possible.

A suggested way of promoting your IWC topic is adding a direct link to it from your signature.

Good luck!

Remember, AF is here for you, and we will do everything we can to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
Virtually any kind of change can be petinioned for with this process. This is your chance to shape AF the you want it to be.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not > I Want Change